Service Owner - Contractor
UK Wide /
Contract Pool /
FutureGov is a change agency, on a mission to build 21st-century public sector institutions that are catalysts for change in the internet and climate era. We support organisations with digital transformation, service design and community development, building on the best of places to organise for change and radically improve outcomes for communities in the 21st century.
We are currently partnering with one of our key clients to find a service owner who is comfortable leading cross-functional teams across the business to deliver a plan that develops and implements improvements to the user journey.
This is a leadership role accountable for coordinating, aligning and providing the strategic vision for the user, identifying synergies, efficiencies and unlocking value from across the organisation that drives improvements for our donors. This role will lead the introduction of the service ownership model being developed across the organisation aligned to the GDS best practice.
- Bringing together and supporting newly-established multi-disciplinary product and service teams to co-design and deliver high quality products and services for our users, in line with the Government Service Standard
- Building teams’ user-centred service design and delivery capabilities over time
- Working in partnership with policy, digital delivery and operational delivery colleagues, plus the wider range of disciplines such as communications, commercial and finance, to build and support thriving, effective multi-disciplinary teams
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and users, acting as a point of connection and alignment between different disciplines and interests to help everyone contribute fully and provide an environment where everyone can thrive and do their best work- you will operate at scale and provide the connection between multidisciplinary business areas and stakeholders
- Making sure that what we deliver not only meets our users direct needs, but also makes sense in the wider market and in the wider context for our users, helping to stimulate and support a wider market for public goods and helps our users to access that market
Skills & Experience
- Excellent strategic capability and experience of developing and implementing complex strategies across a whole portfolio of products and services, whilst also supporting and unblocking effective product and service design and delivery day-to-day
- The ability to lead user-centred product and service design and delivery in a complex, high profile programme with multiple existing and new products and services, a legacy technology estate and significant policy design and development still underway.
- Able to lead significant change within an organisation to bring together and support multi-disciplinary teams (including policy, digital and operational professionals) to work in a user-centred, agile way to co-design and deliver excellent products and services
- Able to anticipate and understand problems, and how to prevent or solve them, and build problem-solving capabilities in others
- Able to keep ways of working under review, keep abreast of industry best practice, and act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches chosen, continuously reflecting and supporting teams to improve.
- The ability and appetite to work collaboratively and openly both within the client organisation and with our users and stakeholders.
- Able to manage budgets, contracts and resources in an agile delivery setting.
Salary: £600 - 800 a day outside IR35
Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 23rd August 21