Operations Manager - Contract Management
UK Wide /
Sales & Operations /
FutureGov is a change agency, on a mission to build 21st-century public sector institutions that are catalysts for change in the internet and climate era. We support organisations with digital transformation, service design and community development, building on the best of places to organise for change and radically improve outcomes for communities in the 21st century.
We’re going through an exciting period of change and growth. Because of this, we’re now looking to bring in an exceptional individual for this role.
At FutureGov we are transforming communities and public institutions for the better. We have a strong track record in delivering advisory, digital and organisational transformation in central Government. From large scale transformations to smaller projects, we can provide practical advice, deliver major change and digital innovation to our clients.
We are a trusted brand and have a well-established presence within the Public Sector but have ambitions to go further and develop our offer to the Central Government sector. We are proud of the fact that we ‘punch above our weight’ and often successfully compete with much larger consultancies within the marketplace.
We’re a Living Wage Employer. We encourage applications from women, disabled, ethnic minority candidates and all underrepresented groups. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about this or anything relating to inclusion at FutureGov, contact the people team.
About the role
Reporting to the Head Resourcing & Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will work internally to bolster the FutureGov experience, improving the onboarding of contractors across the business. You’ll support our internal team in running processes and aligning them to ensure a smooth end to end experience for our contract community and network of associates.
What you'll be doing:
- you will be responsible for managing the contractors life cycle across the business
- liaise with contractors on required information
- draw up contracts for sign off
- file signed contracts alongside ID/checks/insurance details appropriately
- manage welcome emails and induction packs
- provide regular check ins / be the main point of contract for contractor queries
- keep contractor tracker up to date for Head of Operations and Resourcing plus the finance team
- liaise with contractors on any time off/annual leave required, updating Forecast as required
- ensure contractor timesheets are completed on time
- work with finance on month end checks of timesheets and invoices
- report to head of resourcing and operations on contractor status and escalate issues appropriately
Skills and experience (essential):
- excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- experience in managing high volumes of new and existing contracts
- someone who enjoys and therefore succeeds in a fast paced environment
- proven experience in operation management
- ability to manage and coordinate associated management systems
- ability to work on own initiative
- fast learner
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- previous client facing experience
- ability to recognise and implement required changes to systems and procedures
- conversant in excel, Word, Gmail etc
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- 25 days annual leave allowance excluding bank holidays
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- cycle to work scheme
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- drinks and snacks in our studio
Work Type - Full Time, 6 Months Fixed Term