Full Time Employee
We are MERU. A values-driven, impact-oriented team dedicated to fixing companies. We provide advisory services and data analytics support to middle-market companies. Our clients include private equity firms, credit funds, investment banks, and law firms. We bring deep turnaround experience, a group of veteran operators, and an incentive-aligned approach to any situation. MERU was founded by professionals from Alvarez & Marsal and McKinsey and has seen rapid growth in the five-plus years since its founding. When you join MERU, you will help our clients solve their most pressing problems, supported by a team of people who will challenge you, support you, and inspire you. Learn more about our colleagues’ core characteristics and culture here: The MERU Way.
MERU’s service offerings include transaction services, performance improvement (EBITDA/cash potential), interim management (CEO, CRO, CFO), restructuring services (liquidity management, business plan development and review, and restructuring plan design and execution), and data insights services (data warehouse/ data lake development, data modeling, dashboarding, AI / ML expertise). MERU primarily caters to middle-market companies with $50M - $2B in annual sales and has deep relationships in the private equity and private credit communities.
About the Role:
MERU is looking for a dynamic, full-cycle Recruiting Manager to join our team. If you dream of partnering with responsive team members who see the value you bring daily and are ready to step up and be one of the key players in continuing our pattern of success by finding and hiring the best talent, you have found your place with this opportunity! We are looking for someone who will drive success through hiring, always bringing the best talent to the table through unique and strategic recruiting.
This individual will be responsible for all elements of candidate sourcing, establishing and implementing a wide range of unique techniques to bring top talent to the table, as well as providing compelling and positive experiences during the recruiting process by ensuring that the company’s mission, vision, and values are represented. This person will administer fair and equitable candidate sourcing processes for all roles. If you are a full-cycle recruiter who understands how to source quickly and creatively while always keeping the candidate experience top of mind, you will fit right in with our team.
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process with an emphasis on an excellent candidate experience - treat them as amazing as you would expect to be treated yourself.
- Proactively conduct independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking, job postings, cold calls, etc. Demonstrates a “go-getter” mentality.
- Creatively build talent pipelines and execute tactical research, referral generation
,and sourcing campaigns.
- Manage a consistent, high-volume pipeline of qualified candidates through active and passive sourcing.
- Work with hiring managers across multiple verticals to devise a strategy for hiring high-performing talent.
- Manage interview process with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Provide timely communication with candidates and hiring managers during the recruitment process.
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of the hiring cycle; regularly communicate results.
- Support company inclusion & diversity efforts.
- Propose and implement ongoing innovations and improvements to the recruitment process in partnership with the Human Resources + Administrative departments.
- 4-7+ years of progressive consulting recruiting experience with a highly technical organization.
- Ability to proactively source and attract passive talent in the industry through multiple methods and channels.
- Ability to support one or more verticals within our Data and non-Data functions.
- Excellent interviewing skills with the ability to screen for both general and team fit.
- Industry knowledge with the ability to identify target companies, conferences, and other sources for top talent.
- Outstanding networking and communication skills.
- A strong knowledge of and experience with recruiting resources, including social recruiting.
- Expertise in working with an ATS, preferably Lever and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and externally.
- Strong time management skills and ability to adjust and be agile as the business demands.
- Drive and dedication to deliver exceptional results for our candidates and business partners.
- General understanding of state/federal laws and regulations, including affirmative action and FLSA guidelines, to ensure legal compliance.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Position may require some travel (<20%) based on business needs (recruiting events, interviews, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with people at all levels of an organization
- Authorization to work in the United States
It is MERU’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that MERU will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.