Digital Public Relations Specialist
Earned Media /
Full time /
WebFX is a proud Google Premier Partner with 6 offices in the US as well as an office in Guatemala and another in Cape Town, South Africa, where we are a registered employee as WebFX South Africa! We are continuing to expand worldwide and would love for you to be a part of that! In fact, we doubled in size in the past 5 years and are projecting to once again double in size and be a global, publicly traded tech company by the year 2030 - operating in every continent, servicing clients globally. We currently have talented team members across the globe (representing 18+ Countries) who work remotely full-time and have done so for 10+ years.
No matter where you’re located, we’d love to have you join our mission of providing world-class digital marketing solutions to mid-size businesses on a global scale. We thrive on driving business growth for our clients and are looking for people who take pride in their marketing efforts and enjoy having fun at the same time. Sound like you? Great! Keep reading:
Why Choose WebFX
We've been named the #1 best place to work in our headquarter's home state of Pennsylvania for 7 years in a row and offer the same culture and benefits to our global, remote team members. Along with a very competitive base pay, we offer company profit sharing, performance bonuses, On-going learning bonuses (yes, you get paid to learn!) and time zone differential pay. World class digital marketing training (Organic SEO, Local SEO, PPC, Google analytics + Studio, etc), long term career track, Health Insurance (including dental, vision, remote doctor, etc), and there's seriously a ton of other benefits! To name just a few:
- If you’re located in one of our operating countries (Guatemala or South Africa), this is a Full-time (non-contract based) position. Either way, WebFX offers long term stability to all of our FXFamily members. In fact, many of our global/remote team members have been with WebFX for 9+ years and we’re hopeful you can be too!
- We put our people first, it’s as simple as that. You’re never on your own - when you run into inevitable challenges, we’re there to support you along the way!
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and team members due to consistently low turnover rates that are simply unheard of in our industry, because again, we put our people first.
- Fully Remote or hybrid/in-office options if you prefer and are within commuting distance of one of our international locations (Antigua, Guatemala and Cape Town, South Africa). 🏡
- Fully equipped in-home office setup including computer, dual large monitors, headset, seriously fast internet, generator and more! 🖥️
- Multiple schedule options from which to choose. Depending on the hours you select, you will receive additional pay for overlapping our hours! 💰
- Be part of a rapidly growing company that at the same time only partners with clients who share our values🌱📈
- Unrestricted access to our dozens of proprietary softwares/platforms our internal R&D team has developed for our team’s exclusive use, in addition to access to the many 3rd party tools and softwares we utilize internally in order to WOW our clients. You can learn more about just some of our proprietary tools here!
- Merit-based promotional structure
- We have a very strong commitment to giving back globally - in fact, it’s one of our values here at WebFX. As a member of our FXFamily, you get to be a large part of that simply by achieving your goals - since 2014, we’ve committed to donating globally through our FXBuilds program. You can learn more about that here!
What You'll Get
World-Class Training and Ongoing Career Development
- No matter your level of experience, our “Bootcamp” web marketing training program is provided for all new WebFX “family members” to learn, grow and develop in and out of the office with the hard skills necessary to be successful in their position.
- From training with our Sr Digital Marketers to access to countless industry leading online training resources/courses/tutorials to getting experience with nearly 1,500+ different clients with various platforms, digital services and in every industry you can think of (and then some), our training program is simply unrivaled!
- Training doesn’t stop after your initial training period, we offer career development training and monthly Lunch-and-Learns with our state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates, and more!
- FXLearns program – where you get incentives for taking advantage of our countless industry training resources
- After 1,500+ clients, we’ve been able to truly master our processes and procedures – you will be trained on all of those - no need to develop how to do things (unless you want to help us continually improve that process!) – because we refuse to ever stagnate, we are always pushing the envelope to make those processes 1% better too!
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years both locally and globally, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant if you're meeting or exceeding position performance metrics. We believe in growing and promoting our internal team first and foremost. In fact, 95% of our promotions are internal! All team members have a very clearly defined progression path, so you know exactly what is expected of you so you can put your career in your own hands. And what’s more, you’re not expected to know it all - we believe in continually striving to be an expert in your subject matter of expertise – so while we will purposely challenge you to grow in SEO/PPC/Google Analytics, we are a full service agency that has experts in other departments that handle everything else - from link building, social media, web design and web development. So you can truly master your trade.
Our goal is to hire on 50+ team members over the next 36 months in South Africa and setup a satellite office with remote working still an option.
- Bachelor's in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, PR, Communications, Information Science, Business or related major
- GPA above a 3.4
- Solid understanding of the Internet
- Solid understanding of basic copywriting
- Solid web copywriting skills
- Should have customer service experience in any industry
- 2 Years of Public Relations experience
- Basic HTML experience (a plus)
- Advertising agency experience (a plus)
- Any digital marketing experience (a plus)
- Leadership/management experience relating to coordinating the work-flow and deadlines of others (a plus)
- Experience with Google Analytics (a plus)
- Administrator/moderator of a forum or blog (A bonus)
- “Power” Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc account (Ex. Defined as 500+ followers)(A huge bonus)
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills with staggering attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to get things done
- Passion and creativity for communications and relationship building
- Well-organized, good at managing and juggling projects
- Creative and digital-first storytelling skills with a passion for covering cutting-edge culture and entertainment
- Creativity and an aesthetic eye
- Self-motivated and driven mentality to grow your network and relationships with publishers.
- 35% building relationships with publishers
- 20% branding
- 15% analytics/data analysis
- 10% online asset research and topic discovery
- 10% writing
- 5% reporting
- 5% social media
- Client interaction: The Digital PR Specialist role is not a client-facing position
- Our “Bootcamp” web marketing training program will be provided for new WebFX “family members” to learn, grow and develop in and out of the office with the hard skills necessary to be successful in their position.
- On-site, state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns.
What You'll Do
- Establish and maintain relationships with national mainstream and business media outlets based on our clients' industries
- Become an ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles
- Define, execute and ensure digital content strategy is driving traffic and engagement
- Create and Pitch content projects to editors that will boost engagement and reach new audiences
- Managing contracts, agreements, briefs, invoicing and external communications with publishers
- Manage short-term and long-term content calendars through production, and help track the performance of content over time
- Write headlines that attract and intrigue readers to click.
- Collaborate with editors, writers, and copy editors to ensure accuracy while also maintaining brand voice
- Aid with research, story assignments, formatting, and image sourcing
- Learn, test and implement new SEO content and linking best practices
- Post original content relevant to our clients’ keywords and SEO campaigns
- Generate ideas and conduct research for infographics, motion graphics, blog posts, and other viral content
- Use web analytics to determine the impact of content campaigns
- Ability to think critically and creatively to pitch content based on our clients’ SEO keywords
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly production goals
- Assist in the development of public relations strategy and initiatives that create demand and media value for clients across digital, social media and adtech mediums
Negotiable, based on experience
The core position hours are Monday through Friday - 8AM EST until 3:30PM EST/New York Time Zone in order to accommodate our clients' schedules, with additional options to fulfill the full work week within your time zone (Depending on the hours you select, you will receive additional pay for overlapping our hours)
Candidates interested in the Digital Public Relations Specialist position may also have interest in:
Digital marketing, online marketing, paid advertising, search marketing, inbound marketing, web marketing, social media, content marketing, PPC, SEO, SEM, writing, editing, research, communications, social media ad management, etc.
Check out our culture on social media:
Please submit resume or CV (in English) to be considered for this opportunity.
*You don't need to apply more than once even if you're interested in multiple positions - you can simply let us know! We consider all open roles when reviewing resumes and applications!
WebFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing and fostering an inclusive environment where all people, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are supported, respected, and encouraged to excel within STEM careers. Our goal as an organization is to empower our team to achieve their personal best, bring people together, and provide equal opportunity to do so regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. You can learn more on our website here!
Negotiable, based on experience
Annual merit-based increases
Asia (Philippines / Indonesia)
This position requires overlapping hours from 3:30 AM EST - 12:00 PM EST (New York Time Zone) Monday - Friday.
Africa / Europe (Ghana, UK, Ireland, Kenya, etc)
This position requires overlapping hours from 6:00 AM EST - 2:30 PM EST, Monday - Friday. The 40 hours of work doesn’t include any lunch or breaks.
*** This excludes South Africa. South Africa has additional hours options.
North America & South America
This position requires overlapping hours from 8:00 AM EST - 4:30 PM EST, Monday - Friday. The 40 hours of work doesn’t include any lunch or breaks.
Check out our culture on social media:
Please submit a resume or CV (in English) to be considered for this opportunity.
*You don't need to apply more than once, even if you're interested in multiple positions - you can simply let us know! We consider all open roles when reviewing resumes and applications!
WebFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing and fostering an inclusive environment where all people, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented groups, are supported, respected, and encouraged to excel within STEM careers. Our goal as an organization is to empower our team to achieve their personal best, bring people together, and provide equal opportunity to do so regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. You can learn more on our website here!