Investor Sales Coordinator (Hybrid)
In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 290 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North and South America.
About the team:
Our investor team has been instrumental in increasing the numbers of attending investors at our conferences. These have included everyone from local angel investors to representatives from Venture Capital funds such as Andreesen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital.
You will be managing relationships and helping investors maximise their engagement before, during and after Web Summit and Collision. In essence, we’re developing and maintaining relationships with leading decision-makers in tech across the globe.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively identify and engage with some of the most innovative funds, influencers and industry leaders, ensuring attendance at our events.
- Everyday you’ll speak with the world’s leading investors, from partners at the most esteemed funds to emerging early-stage firms, covering the entire spectrum of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You’ll oversee and maintain an active and up-to-date database of attending investors and prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth team to create and implement lead generation strategies to help you reach your goals.
- You’ll also work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small but critical process improvements.
Who you are:
- You're a passionate person. Whether your passion is for analytics, processes, building relationships or acquiring new clients, we have a place for you.
- You are an analytical thinker with an interest in account management and business development. Above all, you’re a people person.
- You’re inventive and always keen to try new things. In fact, you believe that nothing can ever be perfect, and that testing and experimentation is always important.
- You are driven and ambitious, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You've recently graduated, maybe travelled the world, and realised that working with people is what you want.
- You think technology will change the world, and you can’t stop talking about it.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree qualification. Ideal subject areas include business information systems, e-business, international business studies, ecommerce, business analytics, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Great communication skills in English – especially on the phone – and the ability to engage any audience.
- A genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed in your career.
- Background in consultancy/finance or experience with startup funding and venture capital would be ideal.
- Keen interest in account management and business development.
Perks and benefits:
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.
At Web Summit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.