Senior Android Developer (Remote)
Engineering and Product /
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer to join our Dublin team and be responsible for the design, development and production of our native app, used by 100,000 attendees across our three global events.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You'll architect and design one of our most important conference tools, used by 100,000 attendees.
- You'll create a polished UI and fantastic user experience for all attendees.
- You'll craft an integrated web, mobile and real-world experience.
- You'll be responsible for coordinating with a team of engineers to build out this app.
- You’ll work with cross-functional teams, including Data Science, to maximise user and attendee experiences.
- You’ll attend our conferences, constantly evaluating where the app can be improved and developed.
Who you are:
- You are driven by technology trends with a passion for application design and development.
- You have commercial experience of the entire SDLC.
- You are continually looking for ways to improve your applications and introduce new technologies, keeping up to date with mobile innovation.
- You enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with varied and rapidly changing goals.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Examples/portfolio of apps you have released on the Play store
- Excellent design pattern know-how.
- Experience working with OO languages, especially Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit Testing, CI/CD
- Application assembly/build processes like Gradle and Maven
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.