Sales Executive (Hybrid)
In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 290 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North and South America.
About the team
Our Partnerships team recruits and curates the experience of advertisers, exhibitors and partners like Google, Facebook, HSBC, Box, KPMG, Audi, Coca Cola, and hundreds of others across all our conferences. The team works with leading companies to offer our attendees unique experiences, whether it’s an engaging activation on the conference floor, via our online platforms or intimate networking dinner.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll actively select, identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading companies, making partnerships with them for our global events.
- You'll learn about new industries, business models, technologies and more from speaking with decision-makers, CEOs and founders of the world's fastest-growing companies on a daily basis.
- You’ll contribute to the development of Web Summit's global expansion strategy, working as part of a close-knit team.
- You’ll focus on new partner acquisition, pipeline development and management, overseeing and maintaining an up-to-date database of attendees and partner prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll work across a wide range of sectors, industries, and geographies.
- You’ll work closely with your Sales Manager to identify innovative companies in emerging technology sectors that Web Summit should partner with.
- You’ll create exciting, valuable proposals/solutions to highly innovative companies.
- You’ll have the ability to travel to all of Web Summit’s events in Europe, North America and Asia.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years of proven success in new business acquisition/development strategies across multiple markets.
- Ability to work to targets and match the expectations of your key stakeholders in the business.
- An analytical mindset that can be used to extract and present useful data that proves ROI or provide valuable insight to our partners.
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, time-management and communication skills.
- Experience in structuring complex deal structures and exciting campaign initiatives that have generated significant value.
- Ability to understand the long-term “big picture” and short-term perspectives of situations.
- A genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed in your career.
- Having a rounded and engaged interest in the technology landscape is a big advantage.
Perks and benefits:
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.
At Web Summit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.