Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (Remote)
Engineering and Product /
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
About the team:
We’re looking for software engineers to join our Technology Innovation team in Porto, Portugal. The team works on innovation and product development for Web Summit’s suite of tools and systems, with a focus on on-site technology.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll work with a small team of like-minded Engineers, to build products for Web Summit’s events
- You’ll deliver quality, maintainable code in order to power the best conferences in the world.
- You’ll collaborate and learn with other team members via mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- You'll work closely with technical leadership and product owners to build out new products and features.
- You’ll learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & development process.
Who you are:
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems.
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You have experience working in a SCRUM environment driving everyone around you to perform to their utmost.
- You love the web and new technologies, constantly evolving and learning.
- You’re knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of products and recent developments; making smart choices about technologies to be adopted.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge with web development with React and related technologies (Jest, Apollo)
- Bonus points for React Native experience
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- Experience with static typing and Typescript
- Solid background in development for multiple browsers, environments and platforms
- Solid experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Experience building technology solutions with a service-oriented architecture
- Comfortable working in a SCRUM environment
- Comfortable working with Git and code reviews via pull requests.
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.