Account Manager - Investors (Hybrid)
In the words of Inc. Magazine, “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 290 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North and South America.
About the team
Our investor team has been instrumental in increasing the numbers of attending investors at our conferences. These have included everyone from local angel investors to Partners from Venture Capital funds such as Andreesen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital. You will be managing relationships and helping investors maximise their engagement before, during and after Web Summit and Collision. In essence, we’re developing and maintaining relationships with leading decision-makers in tech across the globe.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll actively identify and foster relationships with some of the most innovative funds, influencers and industry leaders, ensuring attendance at our events.
- Everyday you’ll speak with the world’s leading investors, from partners at the most esteemed funds to emerging early-stage firms, covering the entire spectrum of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You’ll act as a knowledgeable and visible presence in the industry and community, creating exciting proposals for our attending investors.
- You’ll actively expand your network and promote WebSummit events as a “not to be missed” occasion.
- You’ll be a subject expert in the investor ecosystem, sharing your knowledge with internal teams.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth team to create and implement lead generation strategies to help you reach your goals.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for technology and how it is disrupting industries.
- You keep up to date with tech, startups and venture capital through newsletters, podcasts, Twitter, Reddit etc.
- You’re inspired by innovation – you have an eye for spotting trends and love a good discussion on the subject.
- You’re a stellar individual contributor, who takes direction with ease and works well as part of a larger close-knit team.
- You have an exceptional phone manner and can talk directly and succinctly to those who may be your seniors.
- You’re a naturally persuasive person who can influence with little effort and come up with creative ideas on the go.
- You like to go above and beyond in delivering an exceptional experience to the people you deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a strong performance is an advantage.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to engage any audience.
- Genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed.
- Ability to set and exceed targets.
- You have a passion for technology – how it is helping move the world forward and where it is going.
- Keen interest in account management and business development.
- Background in consultancy/finance or experience with startup funding and venture capital would be great.
Perks and benefits:
- Hybrid working model benefit open to all employees.
- Fully subsidised healthcare, dental, employee assistance programme(EAP) and more.
- A dedicated in house L&D department, with access to workshops, online learning and resources to help you excel in your career development.
- Company laptop, generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Our very own “Tramway team” who drive community and morale boosting events for employees to participate in.
- Annual company get togethers, company charity days and monthly wellbeing talks.
At Web Summit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.