Senior Software Engineer (Developer Productivity)
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering – Engineering /
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just making a living.
At Galvanize, we help thousands of organizations and governments around the world perform heroic work. We create governance software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse easily and quickly, while having an award-winning culture and environment that rapidly develops employees. With our governance software, we’ve helped governments identify doctors that falsely diagnose patients for more money, helped organizations detect use of child labour in their supply chain, and jailed government officials that use tax money for their self-benefit. That’s impactful work!
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with a global presence of over 475 employees, we provide a true multi-tenant, multi-region SaaS platform for our customers to govern more effectively. And as an R&D member in Galvanize, you will help build our SaaS platform using Serverless AWS technologies while closely partnering with our Product and UX team members to create highly impactful solutions for our customers. We take pride in what we do, so if you want to read more about how we engineer, check out our engineering blog!
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Developer Productivity team, you will be instrumental in speeding up the pace of development for every team in Galvanize. You will be building libraries, CLIs, microservices (primarily in TypeScript), and Terraform modules, which reduce the complexity of Serverless development so that teams can focus more on product development. Our Developer Productivity team operates like any other team of ours: they fully own their tools and services (from code to deployment and monitoring), participate in architecture discussions, and demo regularly to the entire department; all that differs is their focus area of reducing developer friction and making Serverless development as easy as possible. If you can help open-source our tools as well, all the better!
About the role
- Code libraries, CLIs, or microservices, typically in TypeScript, using SOLID principles, with strong testing practices and observability baked-in
- Build solutions using AWS Serverless technology, and reduce the friction to use Serverless technology
- Optimize our delivery pipelines and coach others on continuous delivery principles so we can regularly, and safely deploy to production
- Develop infrastructure as code using Terraform, and build reusable Terraform modules so teams can more easily (and safely) create infrastructure
- Work in a collaborative environment where you regularly pair, plan, and execute tasks as a team and strive to optimize your team’s Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean-time-to-recovery, and Change Failure Rate
- Coach and mentor less senior developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
- Independently manage your tasks in JIRA without Manager involvement
- 5+ years of professional experience developing web applications in a secure and microservice-oriented manner
- Strong ability to develop highly readable and well-tested code that adhere to SOLID principles
- Experience with building web applications that integrate with AWS, GCP, or Azure services
- Interest in tooling, automation, and reducing friction in delivering value to customer
- Passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with others in your team or department
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions in a Serverless fashion on AWS. You can read more here.
2. You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching. You can read more here.
3. You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.