Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure)
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering – Engineering /
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, and a global presence. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As a member of our R&D team, you will help our team to build seamless integrations across our modules and services while also partnering closely with our product and UX teams to create and maintain new user features in our GRC platform. We have a product development group of 165+ and counting (the company has over 475 employees). To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure), you will be instrumental at continuing to strengthen our infrastructure brigade that build and optimize the infrastructure our other brigades rely on every day. Our team operates like many others: we write code, we QA our code, and we demo at the end of each dash (a dash is like a sprint); all that differs is that they focus on the infrastructure.
You will be instrumental at continuing to strengthen our infrastructure brigade that build and optimize the infrastructure our other brigades rely on every day. Our team operates like many others: we write code, we QA our code, and we demo at the end of each dash (a dash is like a sprint); all that differs is that they focus on the infrastructure. And no, they are not called DevOps engineers, because at Galvanize, DevOps is a culture and each brigade is ultimately responsible for their services, including being on PagerDuty.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent understanding of AWS services and how to use them together
- Strong ability to develop infrastructure as code - Terraform and CloudFormation are a must
- Strong understanding of containerization (aka. Docker) for development, testing, and production
- Execution against project plans and delivery commitments (aka, you deliver)
- Have creative ideas, a collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery and how to create development pipeline
- Ideally, you understand security standards (e.g. NIST) and compliance needs (e.g. SOC2)
- Focus on creating simple elegant solutions to solve problems
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery and how containers (aka. Docker) can be used in continuous delivery
- Experience developing web applications, ideally using Node.js or Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity of a cloud platform, ideally AWS, and how to leverage it to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have creative ideas, a collaborative attitude, and strong work ethics
- Focus on creating simple, elegant solutions to solve problems
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
2. Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
3. You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.