Vancouver, BC /
Engineering – Engineering /
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, and a global presence. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As a member of our R&D team, you will help our team to build seamless integrations across our modules and services while also partnering closely with our product and UX teams to create and maintain new user features in our GRC platform. We have a product development group of 165+ and counting (the company has over 475 employees). To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
We've had a promotion and are looking to hire a new R&D Manager! We call a software team a brigade and each brigade is responsible for a platform pillar, where a pillar is a domain area within our HighBond platform. Our brigades have 5 or 6 Software Engineers and 2 Software Engineers in Test. A brigade owns what they build. Build it, test it, deploy it, and support it. That’s right, all our brigades own their customer issues and production issues. To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
We’re searching for a R&D Manager. Not just a manager, but a leader of a cross functional team of Software Engineers and Software Engineers in Test. We need someone that will get things done, inspire and motivate others to take initiative, and guide a brigade to build great software. Building great software is a big part of it, but a great R&D Manager also spends a lot of energy coaching and mentoring people. You’re also not afraid to look at things differently to find better ways to do them. You have an innate desire to move the needle when it comes to the performance of your team and our HighBond platform.
What you need to succeed
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred
- Experience leading a web development team in a SaaS company, as a manager, lead engineer, or senior level engineer.
- You hold yourself and your brigade accountable to the team’s vision and goals.
- Good at connecting with people and enjoy coaching and mentoring for learning and growth.
- You are process oriented and believe in communicating early and communicating often.
- Adept at agile project management using JIRA.
- You have a continuous delivery and continuous deployment mindset.
- You believe in TDD and detest when customers find issues in production.
- Focus on creating simple elegant solutions to real customer problems.
- Passionate about learning and continuous improvement.
- Genuine care and concern about the wellbeing of your team.
- You believe in equal opportunity, and are an advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
2. Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
3. You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.