Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering – Engineering /
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just making a living.
At Galvanize, we help thousands of organizations and governments around the world perform heroic work. We create governance software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse easily and quickly, while having an award-winning culture and environment that rapidly develops employees. With our governance software, we’ve helped governments identify doctors that falsely diagnose patients for more money, helped organizations detect use of child labour in their supply chain, and jailed government officials that use tax money for their self-benefit. That’s impactful work!
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with a global presence of over 475 employees, we provide a true multi-tenant, multi-region SaaS platform for our customers to govern more effectively. And as an R&D member in Galvanize, you will help build our SaaS platform using Serverless AWS technologies while closely partnering with our Product and UX team members to create highly impactful solutions for our customers. We take pride in what we do, so if you want to read more about how we engineer, check out our engineering blog!
As a Senior Software Engineer (Python), you will collaborate with a growing team of talented developers to design, build, test and deploy robust, scalable and secure NLP services that help our customers to do their business ethically, prevent fraud, and criminal activities. This position provides a balance of engineering and research, but is more on the engineering side in the near term. You’ll also collaborate across teams on shared services, seamless integrations, as well as tackle interesting scalability and performance challenges.
About the role
- Coding in Python to design & build NLP solutions that deliver value to our HighBond customers
- Create clean code and deeply care about code quality. Please share your GitHub profile with us!
- Build solutions using AWS Serverless technology, accounting for performance, data throughput, memory management, concurrency, and observability
- Apply research to modern real-world governance, risk, and compliance problems
- Elevate the entire team with your passion for sharing, learning, succeeding and failing as team
- Work in a collaborative environment where you regularly pair, plan, and execute tasks as a team and strive to optimize your team’s software delivery
- Independently manage your tasks in JIRA without Manager involvement
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong OO programming skills and use of MVC patterns
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Numpy, pandas and Jupyter
- Experience with AWS, and more specifically, Lambda, Elasticsearch, ECS, SQS, X-Ray, IAM, VPC, and Terraform are a big plus
- Experience in machine learning frameworks & toolkits such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn
- Familiar with BERT, GPT, Transformers, TF-IDF, WordToVec
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions in a Serverless fashion on AWS. You can read more here.
2. You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching. You can read more here.
3. You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.