Heads of Sales
U.S. Remote /
Welcome is a Webby-award winning virtual event platform that enables a single person to produce a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an interactive TV show. Welcome is on a mission to provide access to create equitable experiences that connect, transport and engage people like never before. We’re a well-funded, Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Our founders, investors and advisors are from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, InstaCart, Dropbox, Slack and more.
We are looking for a Head of Sales to lead revenue and scale our Sales team. Our ideal candidate is a proactive team player that sets the sales’ team strategic plan and executes against it. Reporting directly to the CEO, The Head of Sales will be a huge piece to the leadership team. This is an incredible opportunity for the right sales leader to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business and its clients. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation. We are looking for a leader that can help make these projections come to fruition.
- Team player and leader who acts as a partner on the leadership team, refining and executing against the company’s vision and strategy.
- Iterate, execute and own the companies’ sales playbook by optimizing processes based on data from the team, prospects and existing clients.
- Lead a remote team of account executives focused on both inbound and outbound sales.
- Drive the team to achieve or exceed team monthly and quarterly sales quotas.
- Recruit, interview and hire top talent providing career development, coaching and performance management.
- Build a solid operating cadence and individual focus around the pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment, and revenue realization.
- Work with engineering to meet new customer needs; and train the sales team with product knowledge.
- Collaborate with marketing and client success teams to ensure expectations are being met, and the client is having a seamless end to end experience to minimize client churn.
What We're Looking For
- A proven top producer as an individual contributor who’s worked their way up to becoming a successful sales leader.
- 7+ years experience building and leading high-performance SaaS or applicable sales teams of 30+, that deliver consistent results.
- Experience efficiently and effectively collaborating with engineering, marketing and client success.
- A passion for helping businesses leverage technology to better communicate with their customers.
- Clear and candid communication both internally and externally.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment of a sub 50 person startup.
- Hands on and can roll up his/her sleeves up to uncover bottlenecks and manage, support, coach and train direct reports.
- Fully ramped up on using Salesforce as a CRM and experience with sales tools like Outreach and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Our Investments In You
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 13-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent; An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun!
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world!
You've made it this far! If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. Let us know why you would be a great addition to Welcome in a personal statement/cover letter.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Welcome supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.