Business Development Representative
U.S. Remote /
Welcome is a Webby-award winning virtual event platform that enables a single person to produce a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an interactive TV show. Welcome is on a mission to provide access to create equitable experiences that connect, transport and engage people like never before. We’re a well-funded, Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Our founders, investors and advisors are from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, InstaCart, Dropbox, Slack and more.
We are growing incredibly fast and are looking for a few key sales hires to help keep up with the demand and play pivotal roles in scheduling discovery calls and assisting in closing revenue.
Imagine working on a world-class team where:
- A single non-sales founder closed over 400k in ARR in 2 months.
- Deals are closed in 3-4 weeks which is half the industry average!
- Welcome is established as the number one leader in one of the hottest markets now (Virtual Events) and for years to come!
- We skipped a Seed Round and closed a Series A round of 12 million dollars, led by one of the top VC’s on the planet!
A day in the life of a Business Development Representative at Welcome includes:
- Calling inbound leads and scheduling discovery calls.
- Outbound prospecting, which entails finding, pre-qualifying and scheduling discovery calls for account executives.
- Qualifying leads by understanding customer pain points and conveying how our solution will help.
- Handling and overcoming any and all stalls or objections.
- Being coachable and actively seeking out feedback and improvement.
- Providing an exceptional and customer-centric experience that allows you to set the bar for the rest of the customer's experience with Welcome.
- Becoming an expert in our CRM and making sure pipelines and activities are consistently up-to-date and accurate to the highest level attention and detail.
- Working with Account Executives, Marketing and Client Success to deliver a consistent brand experience with every lead.
- Tracking and relaying customer requirements to product teams.
- Most importantly, bringing your energy and having fun!
The next great Business Development Representative will be:
- A business athlete who wants to join a championship team of high-caliber talent, focused and diligent to get the win.
- Empathetic for the customer and can add value to them through the product. You care deeply about the success of each customer, their clients and your teammates.
- Passion about bringing people together through high-quality virtual events, and you find fulfillment in the convening of people.
- The first point of contact for the prospect so you will lay the foundation for the expectation and experience of the customer.
You bring the following to the table:
- At least a year of sales and/or business development experience, ideally from a SaaS company (OK if you're not!) - including proactively cold-calling, qualifying, building rapport and scheduling meetings.
- Some experience speaking and presenting to C-level or other key decision-maker relationships. We will train you!
- A growth mindset and complete dedication to mastering the art of selling. We are looking to help you grow as a BDR and beyond here at Welcome!
- Grit and the willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed.
- Being coachable, taking extreme ownership and trusting the process.
- Track record of relevant experience meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Effective and flexible communications skills, with an ability to be quantitative and analytical.
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel.
Our Investments in You:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for full-time employees
- Weekly 1:1 sales coaching
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 13-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- A scientifically proven onboarding process that cuts typical ramp time by 75%
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and fun
You've made it this far! If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. Let us know why you would be a great addition to Welcome in a personal statement/cover letter.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Welcome supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.