Product Marketing Manager
U.S. Remote /
Welcome is an "experience-first" virtual event platform. We've built the first five-star virtual experience venue and have the product and services to match. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. Our flagship product enables our customers to create immersive events that leave lasting impacts. There's nothing else like it.
We’re a well-funded silicon valley startup backed by top VCs. Our investors, founders, and advisors are from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, InstaCart, Dropbox, Slack and more. Within three months of a soft launch, we had already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund.
The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the Marketing and Product teams to create the strategy, process, tools, and messaging that streamline adoption of Welcome’s product with customers, team members, and prospects. You’ll embrace Welcome’s brand voice and tone, and translate it to the feature descriptions by user segments, enabling education, adoption, and conversion. The role will report to the Head of Marketing.
You'll be working with a world-class team of people where:
- A single non-sales founder closed over 400k in ARR in 2 months
- Deals are closed in 3-4 weeks - half the industry average
- The platform is the leader in one of the fastest growing markets right now (Virtual Experiences) and for years to come
- The company skipped a Seed Round and closed a Series A of $12 million led by one of the top VC’s on the planet
- Interpret technical and product capabilities to effectively communicate benefits to prospects and customers
- Identify, draft and document product value propositions, messages, comparison evaluations, data sheets, and sales presentations
- Analyze market opportunities and customer pain points to develop a strategic roadmap on how Welcome can deliver value
- Conduct buyer research to develop deep customer knowledge around journeys
- Own product updates and translate release notes that enable sales, support, and success teams
- Support sales in pre- and post-sales initiatives through sales enablement programs such as competitive intelligence
- Guide and influence pricing, product positioning and messaging based on product differentiation
- Help strategize and execute new product launches
- Design and implement targeted product tours to optimize conversion and track use behavior
- Define the messaging around how our teams talk about new features
- Launch internal and external product education initiatives
- Contribute to our event marketing community with product strategies, tips and hacks
- Become a product expert in the virtual and hybrid event technology industry
- You are data-oriented. You leverage data to make key decisions. You can translate a ton of technical data into actionable insights, and you’re familiar with tools like Amplitude, Segment, SQL, Google Analytics, Pendo and HotJar.
- You are a project and time management wizard and know how to prioritize like a boss.
- You are organized and savvy across wide-ranging digital platforms, including CRMs such as Hubspot, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- You are detail-oriented, intentional and particular about how things are communicated and positioned.
- You can easily break-out of conventional thinking and go outside-the-box to come up with fresh ideas for product messaging and communication delivery.
- You are highly collaborative and you work well with various teams across a company.
Your skills & experience:
- 5+ years of competitive intelligence, product marketing, or managing continuous releases in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- Experience with early stage start-ups and building GTM strategies from the ground up
- Strong experience working with software developers, and PM teams, and translating technical notes into marketing content
- Experience with SaaS product tours and product announcements
- Strong experience in using UX/UI design best practices
- Fluency in English and confident communicating complex product challenges and UX/UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Desire to learn new technologies, including the Welcome platform, our competitors' software, and marketing technologies
- Self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, remote environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to thrive at a high growth company
- Working knowledge of video recording software such as Loom or Vimeo - preferred
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Asana or Trello - preferred
Our investment in you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop)
- Complimentary stay at the Welcome Puerto Rico Villa
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.