U.S. Remote /
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong data engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your code to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The data engineer role at Welcome will be responsible for building the libraries, tooling and infrastructure to support all of the data processing and analysis at Welcome. Your work will help give customers the insight they need into the effectiveness of their events, directly driving customer value and ROI.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Help define, build, and own key datasets and the quality and evolution of these datasets as use cases grow
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team, as well as other stakeholders, to understand the data needs of our customers and implement solutions
- Work on the data collection pipeline across the entire stack, from the FE/BE event logging to the ETL
- Ensure that our business critical customer data is accurate
- 3+ years of professional software development experience building high quality data solutions
- Expertise building data pipelines using open source frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Experience with data science platforms (we use Mode)
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and relational database schema design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Investments in You
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Fitness and internet reimbursements
- Top-of-the-line work computer
- $1,000 budget to build your dream home office
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.