U.S. Remote /
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong engineering manager to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. The engineering manager role at Welcome is a key leadership that will drive culture and best practice across our company.
- Remotely manage a diverse group of 3-6 engineers ranging from junior to senior. Support their growth and development through continuous coaching and feedback.
- Contribute as a strong senior IC technically (this role is 75% technical / 25% management)
- Work closely with partners across the company, including product management, design, solutions, marketing, and solutions, to bring new features and services to market.
- Own execution and delivery on your engineering team, and help the team balance new feature work with technical debt and platform investment.
- Contribute to a fast-growing engineering organization and help us scale up processes and best practices across the entire company.
- A track record of leading and coaching diverse teams of engineers (at least 3+ years managing a team of 5+, including remote engineers)
- A solid engineering background that has kept pace with new technologies, even if it’s been a few years since you coded full time (at least 5+ years of total experience in technical roles)
- Experience running team cadences in a fast-moving, Agile environment, and working cross-functionally with product management to set roadmap and direction
- A genuine commitment to building diverse teams, and promoting equity and inclusion on your team and throughout the organization
Our Investments in You
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Fitness and internet reimbursements
- Top-of-the-line work computer
- $1,000 budget to build your dream home office
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.