Head of Product
About Well Data Labs
Well Data Labs is a team focused on bringing modern software design and usability to the oilfield. Our primary product is a modern web application that manages, analyzes, and reports Frac Data for Completions Engineers and other industry experts.
We work side-by-side with our customers to give them superpowers! Well, maybe not the kind of superpowers Marvel characters might have but, superpowers for Completions Engineers - analyzing data in seconds!
We believe culture is one of the most important parts of a healthy workplace. Culture can sometimes be referred to in fluffy, airy terms that mean very little in reality but our culture is derived from our actions, stories we love to share, and our core values.
Our Core Values:
Act with integrity
Strike a balance
Celebrate as a team
Characteristics and Specifications of our ideal Head of Product
We are looking for an inquisitive, confident, yet humble, strategic-minded, process-driven and entrepreneurial product leader.
Our new Head of Product will lead a team of product managers, product owners and oilfield technology subject matter experts. The Company’s focus is on enhancing the Completions product with intentional product features, growing our new Real-Time product, and working with a cross-functional team to bring Machine Learning to market.
- Think big and guide our product team to effectively execute at a granular level
- Lead, develop, and grow a talented product team by modeling and coaching good Product Management behavior
- Learn the intricacies of the completions data life-cycle and become a subject matter expert in the area
- Own and manage all things product life cycle, including: market needs, product vision and strategy, product roadmaps, user story refinement, wireframe designs, release planning and testing, etc
- Work with the Leadership, Engineering and Product teams to align around product strategy and plans
- Actively manage, prioritize and balance product roadmaps, customers’ support needs, stakeholder feature requests and product backlogs
- Work closely with customers, customer success engineers, and technical staff to capture feedback, identify new requirements and translate requirements into deliverable solutions
- Establish and monitor performance metrics across products and work with Product Managers to develop strategies for improvement
- 7-10 years Product Management experience for external facing SaaS applications practicing Agile methodologies
- 3+ years experience leading Product teams
- You’ve been a Product Leader at two or more companies working on SaaS products and have a proven ability to launch new products to market
- Process-oriented with experience implementing product management best practices and evolving them to fit the needs of the organization
- Strong user experience and design sense, with a record of building great products
- Demonstrates an aptitude for learning complex technical concepts
- Can simplify and articulate concepts, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written to all levels and all directions of an organization
- Interested in learning new technologies and working towards integrating legacy industry data systems with innovative data analysis tools and techniques
- Familiarity with Pivotal Tracker, Trello, or other product management tools
Why We Really Like Working Here
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (We prioritize dinner and weekends with our family)
- Belief in a holistic view of employee satisfaction, backed up by four weeks of paid time off, employee stock options, 401k match and health insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Significant opportunity for career development and growth as an early team member
- Awesome office in Lower Downtown Denver
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- Also, we are grateful to be chosen as one of DBJ’s Best Places to Work for the last two years
Do you sound like our new Head of Product? Great! Please apply below. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
*We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications. Thank you!*