Head of People Operations
Well Data Labs (WDL) is a team focused on bringing modern software design and usability to the oilfield. Our product is a modern web application that manages, analyzes, and reports frac data for Completions Engineers and other industry experts.
We work side-by-side with our customers to give them superpowers! Well, maybe not the kind of superpowers Marvel characters might have but, super powers for Completions Engineers - analyzing data in seconds!
Company Culture: We believe that culture is one of the most important parts of a healthy workplace. It is a major factor in your overall enjoyment of life, and it leads to better trust, transparency, and productivity. Culture can sometimes be referred to in fluffy, airy terms that mean very little in reality.
Here at Well Data Labs, our culture is derived from our Core Values.
WDL Core Values: Create value, Act with integrity, Embrace transparency, Deliver results, Strike a balance, Celebrate as a team
The Head of People Operations plans, directs and coordinates the functions related to recruitment, talent management, benefits administration, training and compliance. The position will work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure effective planning and implementation of People Operations initiatives to support a high growth organization.
Strategic Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Provide thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution including employment policies and practices, employee relations, compliance, talent management, onboarding, employee development, and engagement.
- Advocate for our company culture. Ensure our core values are the central tenet in the choices we make and the advice People Ops provides, while maintaining a culture of accountability, transparency and trust.
- Build processes that will help Well Data Labs scale its business units.
Tactical Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting efforts, including sourcing passive candidates, using innovative recruiting methods and providing a high-touch experience for every candidate to ensure hiring best-in-class talent for Well Data Labs. Partner closely with leaders and hiring managers across the organization to drive creative pipeline building and sourcing strategies.
- Develop and execute processes for employee relations, performance management, onboarding, training, compensation, and engagement practices.
- Manage the WDL University internal training program. Identify training needs and work with leaders to enhance the WDL curriculum and programs.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR-related federal and/or state requirements such as DOL, FMLA, ADAAA, EEOC, FCRA, and HIPAA, including conducting investigations. Advise the Leadership Team on management actions when needed.
- Act as the first point of contact for People-related concerns, for all employees. Be a confidential and welcoming resource and develop strong relationships across the organization.
Why we really like working here:
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (we don’t work late nights or weekends)
- Opportunity for real-world experience and career growth beyond the Internship
- Awesome office in LoDo (Downtown Denver)
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- We've been awarded one of the Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal!
- And we work from home every Friday!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of people operations/human resources experience. Leadership roles preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- Passionate about building a values-based employee culture
- Strong leadership, project management, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated integrity and high standards in managing information and data in a highly confidential and professional manner