Denver, CO /
Research & Development /
Well Data Labs is a team focused on bringing modern software design and usability to the oilfield. Our product is a modern web application with industry leading machine learning capabilities that manages, analyzes, and reports Drilling & Completions data for Engineers, Data Scientists and other industry experts. We sell our software to experts in the industry, or as we like to say, we work side-by-side with our customers to give them super powers! Well, maybe not the kind of superpowers Marvel characters might have, but superpowers for Petroleum Engineers - analyzing data in seconds!
We are looking for a data lovin’, independent but collaborative, self-driven, Data Scientist to join our Research and Development team!
WDL's research team uses machine learning to automate the analysis and recognition of events in time-series metered data generated in the field. This role requires the ideation and prototyping of robust, production-level machine learning solutions.
This is a great position for someone who has 2-4 years of experience and would like to work in a supportive environment where you can contribute and learn. (Not a great position for entry-level candidates.)
We believe that culture is one of the most important parts of a healthy workplace. It is a major factor in your overall enjoyment of life, and it leads to better trust, transparency, and productivity.
Culture can sometimes be referred to in fluffy, airy terms that mean very little in reality. Here at Well Data Labs, our culture is derived from our Core Values.
Our Core Values:
Act with integrity
Strike a balance
Celebrate as a team
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Design and build models to address customer and business needs, improve customer experience, revenue generation, and other major business outcomes.
- Work closely with the organization’s stakeholders on implementing, deploying, and monitoring machine learning/artificial intelligence models that are integrated with key product features.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Create maintainable projects with documentation
- Do ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Learn the intricacies of the completions data life-cycle (Don’t worry, we have engineers, scientists, and product experts that will teach you everything you need to know!)
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 3 years of working experience with applied knowledge of probability, advanced statistics, data mining, and machine learning
- 3 years of experience building models and systems based on statistics or machine learning. Working knowledge of time-series analysis, signal processing, or geostatistics.
- Proficient in at least one of Python or R. Solid working knowledge of SQL, Pandas and numpy (in Python) or tidyverse (in R). Familiarity with Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch, Linux, and SpotFire is a plus. Must have experience interacting with JSON/REST APIs.
- Comfortable using source control systems and their associated ecosystems, e.g., Git and Github/Bitbucket
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, regression, trees (incl. forests and boosting), dimensionality reduction, recommendation systems, optimization, and deep learning
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on model development and deployment. Driven to learn and master new technologies and techniques, to take initiative, and to contribute to the development of the department.
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills
Why we really like working here:
- Competitive salaries
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (we don’t work late nights or weekends)
- Belief in a holistic view of employee satisfaction, backed up by generous time off, employee stock options, company sponsored 401k match, great health insurance, cell phone stipend, and more!
- We've been awarded one of the Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal three years in a row!
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Do you sound like our new Data Scientist? Great! We look forward to speaking with you soon!
*We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications. Thank you!*