Contract Sales Engineer
Houston area or Oklahoma /
Professional Services /
Our team at Well Data Labs is on a mission to build software that helps our customers succeed by being more efficient with their time and resources.
We are looking for a Contract Sales Engineer who will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and expertise to assist the sales team in their sales effort. This role will also coach and teach our engineering users how to best use Well Data Labs software to create value and drive operational efficiency from data. We are looking for an individual with either completion or drilling engineering expertise. Knowledge of both is a huge bonus!
Join us and make a significant impact on the O&G industry by working with both current and prospective customers to help them become productive users of modern completions analytics techniques!
This is a contract position for ~20 hours per week and we are looking for applicants located in the Houston area or Oklahoma only. Position could become a full-time role in 2021.
Characteristics & Mindset of Our Future Teammate:
- Proven expertise in completion engineering or drilling engineering and engineer training
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Humble but can challenge others when needed
- Processes help you succeed, not weigh you down
- Ownership mentality
- Willingness to be a public ambassador for Well Data Labs at industry forums and events
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Provide technical sales expertise to help the sales team seal the deal on large oil and gas accounts
- Partner with our sales team to review new sales prospects and support the existing customer base
- Engage with services team to provide technical input in developing new project scopes
- Coach engineering teams on how to use Well Data Labs software so they are able to create value from their frac and/or drilling data using advanced completion and/or drilling analysis techniques via in-person meetings, phone calls, and web demonstrations
- Develop and execute custom demonstrations for qualified sales opportunities
- Become a Well Data Labs product expert and understand all potential use cases of the software
- Define and create content necessary for engineering sales demos and training sessions utilizing team around you as necessary to create high impact
- Advocate for Well Data Labs by attending industry events and being an additional Well Data Labs point of contact for customers and prospects at those in-person events
- Assist internal teams by providing technical knowledge in a variety of different scenarios and projects to help Well Data Labs maintain its innovative and thought leadership market position
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 5+ years of completion or drilling engineering experience and leadership. Knowledge of both areas is a bonus!
- Experience supporting a technical sales process
- Completions or Drilling Engineer experience
- Experience with process transformation. Reviewing existing operational processes and innovating to create great efficiency and scale
- Proven record of public speaking and thought leadership in the oil and gas industry
- Must be a highly collaborative team player
- Must be located in the Houston area or Oklahoma
Do you sound like our new Contract Sales Engineer? Great! Apply below. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
*We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications. Thank you!*