Well Data Labs is seeking a Product Designer to work as part of a balanced team (design, product, development) to focus on user experience and design. This role will provide customer delights across all of our Software as a Service products.
We work side-by-side with our customers to give them superpowers! Well, maybe not the kind of superpowers Marvel characters might have, but super powers for Completions Engineers - analyzing data in seconds!
We believe that culture is one of the most important parts of a healthy workplace. It is a major factor in your overall enjoyment of life, and it leads to better trust, transparency, and productivity.
Culture can sometimes be referred to in fluffy, airy terms that mean very little in reality. Here at Well Data Labs, our culture is derived from our Core Values.
Our Core Values:
-Act with integrity
-Strike a balance
-Celebrate as a team
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Collaborate with a team comprised of product managers, engineers, and key customer contacts to create and iterate on desirable, technically feasible, and viable products
- Coordinate with Product Management to translate and integrate design direction into product roadmaps
- Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
- Deeply understand our user journey, personas and behaviors, pushing Well Data Labs to improve and refine our product
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Help with the development of our design system, which unites our product and engineering teams around a common visual language, reducing design debt and accelerating the design process
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to run envisioning sessions, including sketching, ideation and prototyping
- Map out complex information architectures in the form of site maps and user flows
- Develop and share high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Explore several diverse approaches and validate the right solution with testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 2+ years of experience in visual, interaction, and user experience design with impeccable attention to detail. B2B SaaS experience a plus!
- Great eye and passion for visual design principles
- Excellent communication and storytelling ability using writing, visuals, and verbal communication
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your holistic, human-centered approach to problem-solving and storytelling
- Experience devising and executing research plans through generative and evaluative techniques
- Fluency in user research fundamentals such as creating user groups, usability testing, interviews, online surveys, user personas, and journey mapping
- Experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and Engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies
- A system thinker who has the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally
- Bonus Points! - Experience designing data visualizations that guide user workflows
Why we really like working here:
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (We prioritize dinner and weekends with our family)
- Belief in a holistic view of employee satisfaction, backed up by four weeks of paid time off, employee stock options, 401k match and health insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Significant opportunity for career development and growth as an early team member
- Awesome office in Lower Downtown Denver
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- Also, we are grateful to be chosen as one of DBJ’s Best Places to Work for the last two years
Are you a hands-on person with a customer-centric view and do you have a passion for creating high-impact user experiences at scale? If so, apply now! We would love to speak with you!
*We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications. Thank you!*