Sr. Strategic Account Executive
Houston, TX or Denver, CO /
Well Data Labs is a team focused on bringing modern software design and usability to the oilfield. Our product is a modern web application with industry leading machine learning capabilities that manages, analyzes, and reports Drilling & Completions data for Engineers, Data Scientists and other industry experts. We sell our software to experts in the industry, or as we like to say, we work side-by-side with our customers to give them super powers! Well, maybe not the kind of superpowers Marvel characters might have, but superpowers for Petroleum Engineers - analyzing data in seconds! It's pretty awesome.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, creative and process-oriented Senior Strategic Account Executive to join our awesome sales team to close our largest and most strategic accounts! You will work on bringing in new large Oil & Gas (Fortune 500) accounts. The sales team you will be joining isn't just like any other sales team you've worked with before. This sales team is one of a kind. It's rare. It's healthy. We sharpen, encourage, and collaborate with each other.
If you are intelligent, humble, confident but not cocky, and lean towards longer sales cycles with larger payouts. Perfect.
Our Sales Team Culture:
Intellectually curious and self-driven professionals
Energetic & collaborative with a healthy dose of competitiveness
We believe when one person succeeds, we all succeed
We don't churn and burn customers or people on our sales team
Characteristics & Mindset of Our Future Teammate:
Intellectually curious, humble and eager to learn
Professional with a team mentality
Culture can sometimes be referred to in fluffy, airy terms that mean very little in reality. Here at Well Data Labs, our culture is derived from our Core Values.
Our Core Values:
Act with integrity
Strike a balance
Celebrate as a team
Strategic Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Develop and deliver effective sales strategies to seal the deal on large oil and gas accounts
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain high-value relationships with key stakeholders to grow revenue
- Work with all Well Data Labs teams (Sales, Customer Success, Support, and Product) to create digital strategies for target accounts
- Define and execute strategic targeted sales campaigns in specific regions and sectors of the upstream oil and gas industry
- Take a solution-oriented approach to win new business
- Coordinate internal resources and play quarterback in your accounts to meet customer needs and represent the customer’s voice in product decisions
- Achieve and exceed revenue goals on an annual basis, aka, crush it
- Work with WDL customers to define goals and KPI’s in order to achieve business objectives
- Lead renewal process by working with Customer Success and Account Executives to successfully execute upcoming renewals and work to prevent attrition
- Learn the intricacies of the Oil & Gas data life-cycle and become a subject matter expert in the area working to understand customers needs and providing service solutions. (Don’t worry, we have engineers, scientists and sales experts who will teach you everything you need to know.)
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 10 years of experience selling enterprise technology products to large industrial companies
- Success closing +$1 million and multi-year deals
- History of selling to C-level decision makers
- Experience in Technology/SaaS related sales
- You manage a sales process predictably, can replicate your efforts, but are flexible enough to change processes when needed
- A strong aptitude for learning complex technical concepts and can simplify & articulate concepts with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Bonus points! - Experience in selling machine learning tools or have sold to data science teams
- Proven performers only please
Why we really like working here:
- Competitive salary
- Travel less than 25% (still make it to the mountains on the weekend)
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (we don’t work late nights or weekends)
- Belief in a holistic view of employee satisfaction, backed up by generous time off, employee stock options, company sponsored 401k match, great health insurance, cell phone stipend, and more!
- Significant opportunity for career development and growth as an early team member
- Awesome office in LoDo (Downtown Denver) although you will work remotely if you are located in Houston
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Do you sound like our new Senior Strategic Account Executive? Great! We look forward to speaking with you soon!
*We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications. Thank you!*