Senior Software Engineer
Wellframe is a Boston-based digital health company focused on building the next generation of infrastructure for care delivery by combining clinical medicine and mobile technology. We’re using our system to deliver more personalized treatments, optimize the management of large patient populations, and dynamically organize health care resources around the needs of patients. We partner with health insurers, hospitals, device companies, and outpatient clinical settings to bring the highest standards of preventive medicine to patients with complex medical and social needs using a tech-enabled approach to care delivery.
As a software engineer on the platform team at Wellframe, you'll be responsible for building APIs and fundamental services that enable our state-based clinical care plans. We’re a passionate team dedicated to providing core capabilities that the front-end, mobile, and clinical teams can build upon. We're looking for an experienced engineer with a strong sense of ownership to help build out our vision of a new generation of mobile health care delivery.
Example projects you’ll work on:
- Develop next generation capabilities for care delivery by combining clinical medicine, machine learning, and mobile technology.
- Develop a dashboard for care managers that prioritizes patient follow-up based on rich data analysis of user activity patterns, clinical protocols and behavior anomalies.
- Deliver personalized tasks and content to patients based on clinical disease treatment protocols, as well as user engagement / adherence, to maximize clinical outcomes.
- Abstract away integrations with customer enterprise back-office systems, electronic medical records, pharmacy data, patient subscriber and claims information.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field of study.
- At least 3 years of development experience building SaaS or cloud-based commercial software products.
- Experienced with backend web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails (or Django, Play, etc.).
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Ruby or Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions — knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges — our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Tools we use include:
- Ruby on Rails, Redis, Python, React, ES6, PostgreSQL.
- Spark, Scala, Cassandra, Elastic Search.
- Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Jenkins, Linux
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.