Business Development Manager, Medical Device and Pharma
Wellframe is a Boston-based digital health company focused on building the next generation of infrastructure for care delivery by combining clinical medicine and mobile technology. We’re using our system to deliver more personalized treatments, optimize the management of large patient populations, and dynamically organize health care resources around the needs of patients. We partner with health insurers, hospitals, device companies, and outpatient clinical settings to bring the highest standards of preventive medicine to patients with complex medical and social needs using a tech-enabled approach to care delivery.
The primary responsibility of life sciences Business Development Manager is to seek out and build new business for Wellframe among medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers. The business development professional will work with the growth team, marketing staff, and other managers to identify and pursue partnership and sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Wellframe. In this capacity, this individual will:
· Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential customers.
· Assist in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting.
· Work with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives
· Evaluating/exploring business ideas and value propositions for the life sciences market according to the company criteria
· Developing and executing market awareness and education campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team
· Identifying and testing sales pitches
· Brainstorming with the leadership team to create new solution strategies.
· Formulating and testing solutions that would appeal to new clients
Growth- Contributes to the growth of company’s business by establishing new business relationships within the life science industry
· Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with marketing, team leaders and managers to evaluate sales strategy and results
· Finding and following new sales leads
· Arranging business meetings and one-on-one conversations with prospective clients
· Executing revenue/sales objectives
· Developing proposals: Defining the scope of the project, reviewing timeframes and budgets.
· Negotiating sales contracts
· Preparing sales contracts; following company rules and guidelines
· Attending industry forums and networking events
Customer Relationship Management
· Building trust and long-term relationships with clients/customers
· Managing company and client expectations
· Developing ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
· Market Activation
· Number of qualified interactions
· Quantified marketing results
Required Skills & Experience
· Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years’ experience in med device/pharma related field, commercial ops or consulting/selling to med device or pharma.
· Background in sales, marketing, consulting to med device pharma preferred
· Experience in life sciences market assessment and commercial strategy, commercial operations, product and portfolio management
· Demonstrated success in developing strong partnerships and revenue opportunities
· Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved.
Must also be able to network and cold call prospects with confidence in order to gain new clients.
· Strong collaboration skills
· Thorough understanding of med device pharma business particularly product/portfolio management and commercial operations
· Effective negotiation & persuasion skills
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Determination to acquire knowledge and business intelligence
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.