Manager, Software Engineering
If you or a loved one has ever experienced a major medical event, you know how overwhelming it is to process the flood of information that follows—whether it’s hastily delivered guidance from your doctor, or a pile of paperwork on managing your recovery. And once you get home, it can feel impossible to know where to start, or how to stay on track to reach your health goals.
At Wellframe, we’re helping healthcare organizations fill this gap, so people can get the holistic resources and support they need to feel their best, outside traditional care delivery settings. Through our patented platform, Wellframe translates evidence-based, peer-reviewed guidelines and literature into an interactive daily checklist delivered to patients through the Wellframe mobile app. As patients engage with the Wellframe app, their data is shared in real time with their care team through the care team dashboard, which utilizes advanced algorithms to generate early intervention alerts. With secure two-way messaging, Wellframe facilitates long-term, trusted relationships between patients and care teams.
Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for supporting and mentoring our engineers as they deliver our product roadmap. This role sits in the Engineering department and reports to a Director of Engineering. Managers of Software Engineering will help grow the team by hiring engineers that embody Wellframe’s core values of collaboration, tenacity and humility. They will lean on their expertise in developing Agile processes, engineering development best practices and test automation to help the team deliver solutions with exemplary quality.
Areas of Responsibility:
Supervise the delivery of product roadmap
- Acts a scrum master for at least one of the engineering teams.
- Coordinate with product managers and engineering leadership on the planning and sequencing of work.
- Communicate status of deliverables internally in the organization and externally to clients.
- Remove any impediments that block engineers from delivering features on time.
- Proactively identify any process or technology improvements that can enhance the productivity of the team.
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt and help balance business priorities against proactively paying off technical debt.
Contribute to product roadmap
- Help design and deliver features and bug fixes.
Guide the career growth of our engineers
- Work closely with engineers to tailor a career growth plan.
- Provider mentorship and feedback to engineers to help them achieve their growth plan.
Lead recruiting efforts
- Help hire engineers that embody Wellframe’s core values.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience mentoring and leading engineers.
- At least 5 years of relevant technical expertise.
- Proficiency in either Java or Python.
- Experience in coaching and growing engineering teams.
- Experience in leading Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Proven track record in leading projects from inception to delivery.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.