Senior Data Engineer I
Remote or Boston, MA /
Data Science & Analytics /
At Wellframe, a HealthEdge company, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe helps healthcare organizations support every aspect of health beyond the four walls of care delivery. We provide care transformation services, a patented engagement platform, clinical programs that support the clinical and social determinants of health, and rigorous measurement.
Wellframe translates evidence-based, peer-reviewed guidelines and literature into an interactive daily checklist delivered to patients through the Wellframe mobile app. As patients engage with the Wellframe app, their data is shared in real-time with their care team through the care team dashboard, which utilizes advanced algorithms to generate early-intervention alerts. With secure two-way messaging, Wellframe facilitates long-term, trusted relationships between patients and care teams.
In this role, you will be working in the Data Engineering team that builds ETL pipelines for retrieving and integrating customer data with our internal systems, moving data between our internal systems, and delivering data from our applications to our customers. You will work closely with our Customer Success Organization to get deliverables implemented on time that match customer specifications, as well as work with other teams in Data & Analytics, Product, and Engineering to design and build their data pipelines.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design and implement ETL pipelines for processing customer and member data
- Work in a cross functional environment collaboratively with customer success organization to translate requirements into technical design
- Help monitor and maintain operational functionality of data pipelines and other jobs that fall under the ETL domain
- Debug and fix production issues
- Mentor more junior data engineers
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years development experience building ETL pipelines
- Proficient in Python and SQL; additional scripting languages like java a plus
- Experienced with cloud technologies such as GCP
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with other ETL technologies or tools
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in healthcare tech industry
- Experience in a remote or a hybrid environment
Behaviors & Traits that will make you successful in this role:
- Technically proficient: Strong coding skills. Capable of writing efficient code, up-to-date on latest version, able to comment intelligently and work through challenges independently
- Strong algorithmic thinking: Effective at identifying the critical question, capable of navigating the tradeoffs between accuracy / comprehensiveness / complexity vs. speed and simplicity, able to make independent decisions
- Curious and creative: Capable of creating better algorithmic approaches, always asking questions, and testing assumptions to ensure that we are answering the right key questions
- Outcomes-focused: Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and prioritize to meet key projects
- Passionate about our mission: Will demonstrate the highest level of integrity and respect for colleagues and for our mission
Wellframe's remote-friendly culture means that we operate a hybrid office for employees in the Boston area, and also hire fully remotely across the country.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.