French Linguistic Tester (Media Content)
Cupertino, CA /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is seeking a French Linguistic Tester to provide QA for media content. This individual will be a part of the team that performs quality checks on media files, looking for any quality issues such as formatting, functionality, or anything else that may interfere with an optimal customer experience. This team is also responsible for verifying and correcting metadata content that is imported in our internal database with the objective to help improve the presentation and search ability of the metadata content.
Job Title: French Linguistic Tester
Location: Cupertino, CA (Remote due Covid-19. The goal is for the team to return working 100% onsite)
Workweek: Monday-Friday (40 hours/week) Employees have some flexibility in schedule but must start their work between 7:30am and 10:30am daily M-F.
W-2 employee, eligible for benefits based on hours worked
Duration: 12 months + possibility of an extension
Hourly Rate: $35/hr
Start Date: 02/23/2021
- BS/BA and 2+ years of work experience in the field of data management
- Fluency in the English language (both spoken and written)
- Must be highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to quickly detect issues and inconsistencies from a massive sea of content and make sound judgement calls based on information at hand
- Proven ability to maintain solid focus through many hours of performing repetitive tasks
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and actively help errors from reoccurring
- Excellent communication skills
- A wide range of knowledge of authors, genres of books, publishing industry and digital book formats highly preferred
- Familiarity with XML and web-based content management systems preferred
- Basic editorial experience preferred