English (USA) Linguistic Tester - Houston, TX
Houston, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This will be a remote role due to the COVID-19 crisis. Once restrictions are lifted, on-site attendance will be voluntary.
As a Linguistic Tester, you will primarily be proofreading and editing content already localized to your native language, making sure you catch any errors in the content, such as: grammar, typos, syntax, punctuation, capitalization, political incorrectness, inconsistencies, and extra spaces between words or characters. You will sometimes be translating content from English to your native language. You will also be checking UIs for functional issues.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role:
• Write and report relevant bugs and errors using best practices through internal database system.
• Ability to under and prioritize task and issues quickly and efficiently.
• Native language skills and cultural awareness of native country.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Highly organized with attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
• QA various products in by accurately following testing instructions and test cases
• Discover and report defects (bugs) using client specific bug tracking tools
• Evaluate translations in the context of software, mobile apps and documentation
• Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language; be able to research and resolve linguistic questions
• Adhere to project-specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries
• Troubleshoot basic problems; be able to communicate effectively and escalate testing issues
• Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner Additional Job Description
• Ability to work onsite
• Native-level or fully bilingual fluency (both spoken and written language) in required language(s)
• Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Ability to navigate networks and websites with different browsers
• Basic knowledge of PC-hardware (desktop and laptop)
• Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android) Other Skills
• Be organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Candidates with Localization/QA/translation experience or with advanced computer skills are preferred
• Strong Company & Industry Awareness
• Can establish & Develop Processes and procedures as part of a client program.
• Strong Problem Solving skills as to arrive at optimal solution.
• Shows excellent Time Management skills
• A Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle approach to tasks and workloads
• Takes Ownership of deliverables
Project Duration: Open-ended
Start Date: 2020-08-10
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Office Location: Greenspoint Business District (I-45 and Beltway)
Pay Rate: $17/hr (non-negotiable)
Local candidates only!
1- You will have an interview with a recruiter (10-15 minutes long)
2- You will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
3- You will need to take a test (language proficiency and technical skills)
4- You will have a second interview with the client (online interview with camera)