Dutch Part-Time Linguistic QA Tester
Portland, OR /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – In-House/Lab /
Welocalize is hiring Dutch Part-Time Linguistic QA Testers
You will be an important part of the QA Testing process for emerging technology.
Depending on the project, you could be testing never before seen apps/technology, e-courses, marketing materials, or any other interesting task that comes your way.
As a Linguistic Tester, content you might be testing may include, but is not limited to, technical and marketing documentation, video, audio, e-learning courses, web software solutions, standalone applications, and mobile apps.
You will primarily be proofreading and editing content already localized to your target language, making sure you catch any errors in the content, such as: format and layout, grammar, typos, syntax, punctuation, capitalization, political incorrectness, inconsistencies, and extra spaces between words or characters as well as confirming that the material has been properly internationalized and localized.
You will sometimes be translating some small content from English to your native language. You will also be reporting functional issues, when being presented in an application.
Attention to detail is a must!
If you are technologically savvy, eager for quality and passionate about languages, then this is a rare opportunity to put to good use your language skills and to improve products for Dutch users in local market and around the World.
You must be based in Portland, Oregon and be able to work on-site during business hours at least once a week (average 6 hours a week on-site during the project).
Job Title: Part-Time Linguistic QA Tester
Location: Portland, OR, Remote/ Hybrid
Hourly Rate: $25+ (Negotiable based on experience)
Hours: Part Time (Hours vary based on project need and demand)
Schedule: Set your own hours within Welocalize business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Pacific)
Start date: ASAP
Employment Status: Part-Time W2 Employee, eligible for benefits based on hours worked
Must have valid work authorization in the US (Welocalize does not sponsor VISAs at this time)
Please note that this work is part time depending on project need. Due to this, hours will vary and flexibility with a changing schedule is very important.
- Proficiency in Dutch (Linguistic competency in target language equal to the following: ILR Level 5 or CEF C2)
- Must live in Portland, Oregon or surrounding area and be able to work onsite in our Portland office depending on current project needs
- Excellent written/verbal communication in English (for bug reporting purposes), ability to follow written testing instructions in English
- Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language
- Knowledge of common technological terms in English and/or target language
- Strong practical knowledge of computers and mobile devices, Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent MAC or OpenOffice) and various browsers.
- Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android)
- Localization QA experience is preferred
- Valid authorization to work in the US
- Must sign NDA to protect confidential information you will be exposed to
- Flexibility with varying hours
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this position:
- Write and report relevant errors using best practices using various defect tracking systems.
- Evaluate quality of translation in your native language within the context of content being tested.
- Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language.
- Be able to research and resolve linguistic questions.
- Adhere to project specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries.
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems (for example connecting to the internet, switching between Languages etc.).
- Communicate effectively and escalate testing issues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner.
Welocalize transforms content across platforms, devices, and channels so that it resonates locally and delivers a superior customer experience worldwide. We ensure that the content is relevant and culturally appropriate at every step.
What to expect
· Working on projects with leading tech companies
· Learn and develop skills with an experienced testing team
· Gain hands-on experience in the world of localization
· Develop quality assurance testing skills that can be used across multiple industries