Business Development Director, Medical Devices
New York, NY /
Corporate – Customer Success /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Business Development Director will work globally with production, marketing, operations management and senior leadership to acquire new business in the target territory.
This individual is an important team member, contributing to the overall customer experience through a customer-centric sales methodology. The ideal candidate has solid business judgment with a track record of business development, solution selling and strong overall sales management. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage one’s understanding of enterprise sales inside one of the world’s leading localization companies.
- · Making contact with clients to develop and maintain the healthy working relationship with Welocalize.
- · Working with the Program Directors, Enterprise Project Managers and/or Project Manager (PM) to create territory, account and opportunity plans, RFPs, SOWs, quotes and ensuring that administrative details are handled effectively and efficiently.
- · Working within and maintaining customer data in Salesforce.com, including but not limited to sales forecasts, plans, activities, opportunities, pipelines and related data.
- · Coordinating RFP/RFQ/RFI responses, as needed.
- · Ability to travel approximately 30%, including customer visits and attending industry events, as required.
- · Working in a global team defining the underlying value proposition and service offerings for existing clients and new client targets.
- · In conjunction with your manager, helping to generate a higher return on our sales and marketing efforts to produce a larger volume of target clients.
- · In conjunction with your manager and global team, moving opportunities along the sales process to help achieve closed sales above budget (up to and including closing).
- · Taking responsibility and accountability for designated clients, territories, verticals, horizontals, service offerings and projects.
- · Collaborating with the global team to define internal and external expectations, and aligning those to specific deliverables.
- Five years of enterprise-level, business-to-business sales experience in professional services and technology solutions to Fortune 500 and mid-market customers.
- A minimum of two consecutive years of total closed sales in new business of $2 million/year, within the company or externally in a like industry and position.
- ·An understanding and proven track record working in a customer-centric sales methodology.
- A track record of lead generation, key account targeting, qualifying and closing new business including new and existing accounts.
- Three to five years of enterprise-level sales experience in the localization industry(Medical Device/Life Sciences).
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute on a successful business development strategy.
- Demonstrated competence in working independently to structure, negotiate, and close multi-million dollar accounts with leading companies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making, and comfort with financial and operational analysis.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success getting buy-in for innovative and bold projects.
- Tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly with large, less nimble customers.