French Canadian Linguistic Reviewer
Austin, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is offering a unique opportunity for those who enjoy a combination of linguistic and technical work. We are seeking Canadian French Linguistic Reviewers/Proofreaders for a project in Austin, Texas. We need your native level fluency skills combined with strong technical skills. If you are looking for a long-term (no end date) role this is a great opportunity for you!
The tester will be conduct test cases, identify localization bugs, report them via an internal bug tracking system as well as verify the fixes once implemented.
The perfect candidate will possess strong linguistic skills.
Remote in Texas during the Covid-19 lockdown. Testers will be required to go back onsite in Austin when restrictions are lifted.
Hourly rate: $23
W-2 (eligible for benefits based on hours worked)
Monday-Friday (9 am - 5 pm -> with one hour of lunch in between -> 35 hours per week)
You must have a valid visa to work in the USA
- Native-level fluency in their respective language (grammar, vocabulary, composition, punctuation)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working in translation
- Tech savvy, with experience testing web-based systems and applications on Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to prioritize linguistic issues and distinguish between a true must-fix and a nice-to-have
- Experience working with test cases and test scripts
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly articulate reproduction steps for a given issue and communicate critical information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with very diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team ethic