French (Canada) Linguistic Reviewer
Austin, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is offering a unique opportunity for those who enjoy a combination of linguistic and technical work. We are seeking Canadian French Linguistic Reviewers/Proofreaders for a project in Austin, Texas. We need your native level fluency skills combined with strong technical skills. If you are looking for a long-term (no end date) role this is a great opportunity for you!
The tester will be conduct test cases, identify localization bugs, report them via an internal bug tracking system as well as verify the fixes once implemented.
The perfect candidate will possess strong linguistic skills.
Onsite in Austin, TX (no remote work)
Hourly rate: $23
W-2 (eligible for benefits based on hours worked)
Monday-Friday (9 am - 5 pm -> with one hour of lunch in between -> 35 hours per week)
You must have a valid visa to work in the USA
Preferred backgrounds: Marketing, Journalism, Copy Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Translation and/or Localization
- Native-level fluency in their respective language (grammar, vocabulary, composition, punctuation)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working in translation
- Tech savvy, with experience testing web-based systems and applications on Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to prioritize linguistic issues and distinguish between a true must-fix and a nice-to-have
- Experience working with test cases and test scripts
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly articulate reproduction steps for a given issue and communicate critical information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with very diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team ethic