Arabic Language Lead/Transcreator (US-Based)
United States of America /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – Global Freelance Talent Community /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you love movies, streaming media, and US pop culture? Do you have experience in social media localization?
We are looking for a linguist to be a part of our Arabic language team for a long-term English to Arabic trans-creation project in the media sector.
The client is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media services.
This is a remote position, you can work from anywhere. But we do need you to be based in the US, as this position requires direct communication with our US-based client.
- Able to translate PR and marketing material, as well as movie blurbs, synopses, subtitles and character names.
- Familiar with US pop culture and the entertainment industry in Egypt.
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing translation from English into Arabic.
- Native Arabic linguist.
- Based in the US and able to work US Pacific time.
- Comfortable with direct client communication
- Organized and can communicate in a timely manner
- Willing to work and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Weekly availability: 15 up to 20 hours/week
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply directly from this post, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you would be asked to sign an NDA and pass a client-specific test.