Quality Group Lead
Corporate – Quality /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, is one of the globalization industry’s five Super Agencies. We are organized in an agile framework and offer our customers a unique combination of strategic global services. Our service lines include Legal/IP, Digital Marketing, Localization, Life Sciences and AI Services. We specialize in delivering solutions for consumer, technology, manufacturing, learning, travel and hospitality, marketing and advertising, finance, legal and life sciences industries. With more than 2,000 full-time employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Romania, Poland, Japan, and China. www.welocalize.com
Main Purpose of the Job:
- The Quality Group Lead is responsible for continuously improving customer quality experience and building close and trustworthy relationships with Welocalize customers. The Quality Group Lead is responsible for the quality strategy for a group of Squads, ensuring that the strategy is aligned with the overall Welocalize quality strategy and best practices. The Quality Group Lead will manage and lead a team of Quality Leads and other quality representatives to ensure fulfilment of those requirements. The quality strategy should always be based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation and Global Teamwork. The Quality Group Lead will work closely with Operations Squad Groups Leads in ensuring customer satisfaction. This role is accountable for achieving assigned Quality Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of accountabilities and responsibilities of a Quality Group Lead:
- In concert with Quality leadership and Quality Leads, define quarterly Group Quality OKRs in alignment with the company OKRs.
- Ensure the Squads in their group are balanced in terms of quality workload and resources and ensure that there is bandwidth within the team.
- Assist Quality Leads in measuring and reporting OKR result progress at the required cadence.
- Proactively identify actions and opportunities to achieve and exceed objectives.
- Ensure quality process, knowledge and process efficiencies are cross pollinated across the different Squads in their group.
- Ensure the Squads in their group are aligned on quality strategies to achieve their OKRs and also the group is meeting the quality group OKRs.
- Responsible for performance management (supervision, coaching, career development, and people activities such as time off and expense approval) of Squad leads in their group.
- Utilize business intelligence to monitor Squads performance and assist Quality Leads to improve performance with regular cadence.
- Monitor quality financial and operational metrics (KPIs).
- Support Quality Leads on implementation and execution of quality initiatives resulting in increased customer satisfaction, operational leverage, increased profitability, and resource quality of deliverables.
- Drive the adoption of existing and new production tools in compliance with defined processes and procedures.
- Drive the initiatives outlined by the Quality Leadership Team.
- Point of escalation for Quality Leads.
- Adopt, implement, and govern agile processes and practices for quality.
- Responsible for owning and auditing global processes to ensure standardization across all global Squad groups, also applicable to all initiatives outlined by the Quality Leadership Team.
- Partner with the Sales Team in providing RFP responses and other support to nurture and win new business opportunities. And give guidance to the Quality Lead to support in this effort.
- Support compliance efforts and quality audits.
- Identify and establish the most efficient quality processes for new global and cross-functional service lines or for new service offerings.
- May prepare and present quality initiatives to clients as needed.
- Where Leads may not be available for a particular Squad, the Group Lead will support the needs of that Squad.
- Responsible for ensuring that their team is up to date on ISO processes and procedures and for support on new ISO certification.
- Operations Reporting Management
- Productivity and Efficiency Reporting: Assist Quality Leads in monitoring, monthly reporting and implementing efficiency initiatives to improve and/or achieve cost targets.
- Team management
- Motivate Quality Leads and Managers while supporting their growth and development through active engagement with the Career Framework & Organization Model.
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching of Quality Leads and Managers on Agile.
- Develops excellent followership across the company through sphere of influence.
- Collaborative attitude and proven program management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
- Proven ability to lead large diverse teams, both local and remote.
- Knowledge of the language services industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Has a wide knowledge of the principles, practices, and processes in the entire Quality Team.
- Experience with quality strategy and pragmatic approach focus on processes and problem solving.
- Demonstrated success at managing large accounts and/or programs.
- Risk assessment and mitigation experience.
- Solves highly complex situations with the support of the quality team in-line with company policies and procedures.
- Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
- Proven experience in development of processes and ideas.
- Extensive experience in customer relationship management.
- Encourages teamwork and understands the need to share knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and/or Lean Six Sigma is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present structured arguments to diverse audiences, incl. colleagues, customers and vendors, and influence others.
- Adept at data literacy; ability to understand and utilize data to make decisions.
- Minimum of a Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- The role requires managing a team and serving as a contact for external team members.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to think strategically and articulate ideas and plans with professional maturity to participate at senior management level.
- Can lead customer quality meetings, capture requirements, and set success factors.
- Actively drives their teams and has a positive impact.
- Shows good negotiation skills and situational awareness.
- Can establish & develop processes and procedures as part of a global initiative across functional areas.
- Exhibits empathetic leadership skills and has a passion for mentoring & coaching Quality Leads.
- Requires customer centric approach and attitude.
- Encourages empowerment of Quality Leads.
- Cross cultural leadership competency.
- Is comfortable with change management processes and will ensure that Quality Leads will manage change within their teams.
- Knowledge and awareness of business quality trends.
- Drives quality collaboration among the different Squads in their group – facilitates decision making and actions in the context of delivery to the customers.
- Understands the importance of Objective & Key Results (OKRs) and is results orientated.
- Proactively develops clear solutions to highly complex problems.
List of Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Telemedicine Benefit
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Vacation Time: 15 days per year (increases with years of service)
- Sick Time: 6 days per year
- Paid Holidays: 8 days per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Adoption Leave
Welocalize carefully considers a wide range of compensation variables including geographic location, job scope and complexity, skill level, experience, or industry-specific knowledge. Compensation will be mutually agreed upon at offer and may be above the posted range due to compensation variables.
Pay Range: $100 - $120K