Dutch Metadata Curator (Movies & TV Shows)
Austin, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Metadata Ops team ensures the client's products have the metadata quality and coverage needed to offer the best-in-class customer experience. Curators will work cooperatively with international teams to monitor, curate and improve the quality of our products and partner data integrations.
Very strong command of English language
Film and TV background is ideal
Passion about film and TV
Dynamic, curious, asks questions
Verify content accuracy, ensuring it meets the provided standards
Make possible edits, fixes or suggestions to the data content when needed
Make decisions on content often with limited information on hand
Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve database and product performance
Test tools to provide feedback for improving efficiency and accuracy
Work and communicate with cross-functional teams
Location: North East of Austin - This will be a remote role due to the COVID-19 crisis. Once restrictions are lifted, all successful candidates will be expected to be onsite at the office location.
Project Duration: Full time hours (40 hours a week)
Pay rate: $23 an hour
Duration: One year with a possible extension of 6 more months
Sunday-Thursday: 12pm-9pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
Tuesday-Saturday: 12pm-9pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
Qualifications and Skills:
- Native-level proficiency in Dutch
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks
- Highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and prevent errors from recurring
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity to make sound judgment calls
- A wide-ranging and up-to-date knowledge of the local movies, TV shows, music, literature, social media platforms, cultural sensitivities and nuances
- Experience with some or all of the following: Apple products and MS Office
- Degree not required but preferred in: Art, Design, Media, Production, Literature, Film, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet and XML a plus
- This position may require work outside of normal business hours, on weekends and holidays.