Tokyo, Japan /
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage all assigned projects in the most efficient manner possible in order to ensure client retention and satisfaction. Through effective written and verbal communication ensure that both internal project team and external resources are clear to the scope, complexity and expectations of clients for all projects and that the clients are kept fully informed as to the progress of delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Main point of contact for client(s) for language quality of localization projects
· Performing leadership on assigned clients including:
1. Quality control and maintenance
2. Implement quality processes and responsible for overall account language quality
· Prepare, manage and maintain client assets (Glossaries, Style Guides, Specific instructions) up to quality standards and up to date as required by account
· Ensure good communication and interaction among internal team members and external resources to resolving questions, sharing information
· Query management for internal and client facing
· Coordinating resources for projects from internal/external translators on assigned accounts
· Resource management (FL/vendor)
1. Monitoring, coaching to maintain existing resources to reach required quality level
2. Develop and train skills of new resources
3. Test and qualify new resources to maintain necessary pool of resources per account requirement
· RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for quality management
· Identification of project/process improvement opportunities and escalating to team lead
· Holding regular project meetings, documenting these and distributing minutes/actions to the team.
· Development and preparation of documents where required
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Language, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience of localization from language quality management point of view in any industries
· Good written/verbal communication
· Good Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
· Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress
· Analytical and structured problem solving abilities
· Native-speaker or fluent of English and fluent in Japanese, both written and spoken
· Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
· Team player
· “Can do” attitude
· Full commitment to our company culture – see below
Welocalize 4 Pillars
· Ability to understand and exceed the customers’ expectations
· Ability to communicate concepts and solutions clearly and objectively in a way that builds strong professional relationships, with excellent oral and written English skills.
· Ability to see pain points that may or may not be apparent to the customer and drive for successful resolutions
· Ability to define and meet the customers’ expectations (both internal and external) as it relates to quality
· Desire and drive to gain the knowledge and ability to perform the functions and duties assigned with a high degree of quality, regardless of the task involved
· Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and responsiveness in completing assignments
· Ability to apply original thinking and creativity to improve and enhance the processes or methodologies used by anyone in the organization
· Willingness to constantly analyze the way we do things – the successful candidate is encouraged to challenge the conventional wisdoms and seek new ways to gain incremental improvements
· Ability to confront and meet challenges, using resourcefulness and ingenuity, to seek successful resolutions
· Ability to utilize different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities and follow through to completion
· Ability to understand cultural nuances and behaviors that can impact interactions with all worldwide groups
· Demonstrates awareness of shared team goals by willingly sharing responsibilities and accountability with peers and by participating in combined efforts
· Encourages communication, cooperation and mobility across organizational lines, reduces barriers to information and productivity
· Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with clients as well as vendors, contractors and peers and effectively represents the Company’s interests
The Translator role is a full- time job and needs professional level translation experience. Because it’s responsible for quality check (review, proofreading) of the freelancers and vendors’ translation and it also needs help clients with the language issues.
So it’s different from traditional translator which only needs to translate.