Hindi Linguist -
Gurgaon, India /
Early Careers and Trainee Program – Trainee Program /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Main responsibilities and areas of ownership for the role:
· Perform mostly IT-themed and consumer-oriented translations in the client-owned translation tool
· Translate various types of content, including marketing, help and UI
· Master or learn the tools associated with translation work (e.g. tools for creating queries or checking the live UI elements)
· Precisely follow the established translation process, e.g. always raise queries when there is a need to
· Learn the style guide and overall client’s requirements, e.g. stylistic preferences
· Improve based on the corrections made by the senior team members as well as the client reviewers
· Keep track of personal error statistics and work on the weak spots
· Take part in the internal trainings and the ones organized by the client
· Participate in the error arbitration process
· Meet the productivity KPIs
· Take part in the internal quality meetings and the quality calls organized by the client for the whole team
· Constantly analyze own gaps and think of what assistance the senior members and the client can provide to help address those
Education and Experience Level
· University degree in Linguistics, Journalism or Mass Communication
· Two or more years of experience in translation or copy-writing
· Fluent in English(both written and spoken, in a wide range of registers)
· Fluent in Hindi (with understanding of what conversational and easy-to-read Hindi is)
· Experience of creating easy-to-read texts
· Experience of creating content for tech-savvy readers
· Interest in languages, specifically in English and Hindi
· Passion for the world of technology
The Translation & Localization industry has doubled in size in the last 10 years, reaching a value of over 46 billion US dollars in 2019! And we are looking for individuals with great language skills in English and Hindi, with the aim with equipping them with the necessary skills to built a career at Welocalize in the exciting Localization industry.
For this, to become a Hindi Linguist you will join a 2 months free of charge training where you will develop skills to the high standards of the global localization industry and specifically to our clients' needs, joining group classes plenty of practical exercises delivered by a professional trainer remotely.
Once the training is successfully completed, you will be able to start and develop your career at Welocalize as an Hindi Linguist.
Important note: If you pass the initial recruitment test and show relevant competencies, you will not have to go through the training. You will be offered to join our internal team directly.