Life Sciences Linguist
Tokyo, Japan /
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to our phenomenal success, Welocalize offers a dynamic environment with plenty of opportunity for growth. We currently have an opportunity for a Japanese Language Linguist to join the Regulated Industries Language Group in Japan. We are looking for a talented person to take responsibility for delivering top quality legal and patent translation work products, and greater value, to our clients.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage all assigned projects in the most efficient manner possible in order to ensure client retention and satisfaction. Through effective written and verbal communication, help improve quality and efficiency of both internal project team and external resources to meet, and exceed, the expectations of our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepare, manage, maintain subject matter or client assets (Glossaries, Style Guides, Specific instructions) to increase consistency and quality
· Communicate and interact with internal team members and external resources to resolve questions, share information
· Query management
· Resource quality management
a. Monitoring of, and feedback to, existing resources to maintain or exceed required quality level
b. Helping develop and train new resources
C. Developing and reviewing qualification tests for new resources to invigorate talent pool
· Analysis of client feedback, and drafting of responses
· Identification of project/process improvement opportunities and escalating to team lead
· Development and preparation of documents when required
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Science, Engineering, Medicine, Pharma, Law, Business, Linguistics, Language, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· At least two years translation of, or review of, life sciences related documents relating to clinical research, medical records, consent forms, clinical trial materials, government submissions, etc. from English to Japanese
· Linguistic quality management mindset
· Good written/verbal communication
· Good Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
· Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress
· Analytical and structured problem solving abilities
· Native level Japanese language, fluent in English communication, written and spoken
· Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
· Team player
· “Can do” attitude
· Full commitment to our company culture