London, United Kingdom /
Corporate – Marketing /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As Director of SEO, you will be responsible for leading our SEO department in all aspects of SEO strategy. This includes our Technical SEO, SEO content and Digital PR teams. The role sits on our leadership team, reporting into our Managing Director.
You will be responsible for:
Proposition, processes, new business and retention of existing clients. There is an expectation that the role engages daily with the other areas of our business to deliver multi-channel digital solutions for our clients, including other digital services but also international solutions, working closely with our transcreation and wider localisation teams at Welocalize.
Our approach to SEO and to ensure that we are positioned as a market leading solution for clients. You will work closely with the wider leadership team and our other digital and localisation specialisms to ensure that are leveraging other assets in the agency which will help us create differentiated value against competitors.
This is not just a high-level role. You will work closely on the detail with your SEO team to ensure that the quality of our execution meets the standards our clients expect.
You will also play a pivotal role in all our new business efforts that involve SEO.
You will be expected to meet with clients regularly to ensure you are in touch with their requirements in a variety of sectors and how that could influence our agency SEO strategy in the future, and also be responsible for leading our SEO supplier relationships.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To lead all aspects of our SEO team; technical, on site content and SEO strategy
- To lead the SEO strategy for a range of clients in various sectors (B2B and B2C)
- Work closely with new business teams to educate our sales support, but also lead on opportunities which will deliver growth for the team
- Work closely with the strategic management team on multi-channel clients to ensure the continuation of strategic direction and excellence of execution for accounts on a day to day basis
- Help to drive business growth of existing clients through development of their SEO strategy and where relevant, cross sell of SEO services to media clients
- Present (verbally and in writing) the Agency's proposals and recommendations effectively, logically and concisely
- To be a trusted senior contact for clients who can translate their commercial objectives into effective SEO strategies
- To be a senior point of escalation for client concerns in relation to our strategic direction and challenges in execution
- Create and monitor strategic roadmaps that successfully combine digital media channels (particularly SEO) to drive campaign results
- Work closely with our wider digital marketing specialists to develop market leading multi-channel products
- Have a strong understanding of the 3rd party tool landscape
- Proactively keep up-to-date of the latest digital media trends to apply in the business
- Deep expertise in eCommerce Ecosystems & Integration Logic
- CMS, DAM, PIM
- Particular experience with one or more of the following: ATG, SDL, Oracle, AEM Platforms.
- Experience implementing infrastructure and data centres
- Knowledge in Technical SEO (international enterprise SEO beneficial)
- Solid understanding of key architecture concerns such as availability, scalability, operability, maintainability and ensuring fit-for-purpose delivery.
- Solid understanding of Taxonomy/Information Architecture
- Advanced Excel/data handling skills
- Prior hands on experience working with emerging technologies (E.g. ML/AI)
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can be Creative and inventive when working with clients
- Is naturally Curious and constantly challenges oneself
- Shows excellent Time Management skills
- Takes Ownership of deliverables
- Actively Drives their projects and teams and has a positive Impact
- Focuses on Building a credibility-based Relationship
- Thinks Commercially and can interact with commercial people