Strategic SEO Account Director
United Kingdom /
Corporate – Marketing /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Adapt – a Welocalize company – is a digital performance marketing agency with services across Paid Search, Programmatic, Paid Social, SEO, Content Marketing, Conversion Optimization, and Web Analytics. We help brands grow faster at home and abroad in over 250 languages.
We have an international presence & offices in London and the South West and we are getting busier every month with new business and fantastic client retention. Adapt has recently launched a new brand, website, and proposition, making this an exciting opportunity to join a growing and ambitious digital marketing agency, helping to define a new direction for its in-house marketing initiatives.
The SEO Account Director is responsible for working alongside the rest of the Adapt team delivering digital marketing services to our clients. Your role as Account Director is to lead on accounts and support your wider team and line manager in delivering high-quality services to our clients.
At this stage in your career in Digital Marketing, you will be a leading practitioner in your area of specialism. You will own some of our most challenging accounts working closely with your line manager and more junior team members. We'll work tirelessly to train and develop you to get you ready for your next career step and help you join the rest of the team in delivering Growth Without Boundaries for your own career and our clients!
· Train, manage, and lead a team of SEO specialists
· Managing one of our larger enterprise eCommerce clients
· Working onsite (Uxbridge) 2 days per week
· Support technical, strategic, and commercial account needs
· Manage a portfolio of clients across both player-manager and team-based clients
· Proactively lead senior internal relationships and communicate technical subjects effectively
· Commercial accountability of revenue growth within the team client set
· Ideally 5+ years of experience in an SEO role
· Able to demonstrate proficiency and leadership with (I) analysis, reporting & communication, and (ii) technical SEO
· Proven client service experience and be known as a "thought leader" in the industry amongst peers and clients.
· Manage, define, and lead training programs for Media platforms
· Identify knowledge gaps and effectively plan solutions
· Advocate best practices in processes and tasks for media buying - able to challenge the norm
· Leveraging industry & Media owner trends and developments to actively improve service offerings across the whole media buying team
· A genuine passion for digital marketing, where you have educated yourself through work experience, formal education, or another means that helps you demonstrate your desire to have a successful career in the industry
· Trains others on successful escalation. Innately knows when decisions require escalation. Can be trusted with important decisions to escalate successfully.
· Shows strong ability to manage their team's resources – and related costs – effectively both internally and externally.
· Shows good negotiation skills, understands the negotiation process, and can compromise when required.
· Has great, memorable relationships with all stakeholders and particularly with customers.
· Debates the industry well. Understands key industry trends, influences training of those trends, and educates clients.
· Actively thinks about risks and how to mitigate them, and actively manages risks in everything they do.
· Able to multi-task under pressure and react quickly to changing situations throughout a working day. Is very flexible and able to prioritise under pressure when dealing with unexpected issues.
· Is a leader. Shows leadership in taking ownership of any task and is happy to be accountable for any deliverables. Owns client relationships and escalations.
· Can spot opportunities to create or significantly evolve processes and procedures as part of client work.
· Sets an example of working logically and methodically through any problem in their own team and others to arrive at the optimal solution, using creativity where needed.
· A recognised senior leader in interpreting situations correctly and shows great judgement in many different situations. Trusted by others to be accurate and consistent.
· Uses well-founded experience and arguments to challenge the way things are done internally and externally.
· Is seen as very good at delegation and can work through others to achieve objectives.
· Is seen as a senior member of the team and a trusted mentor. Spends lots of time with team members to help them and develop them for the benefit of the individual's career and the business.
Adapt is an award-winning, fast-paced & collaborative agency, we strive to make this a fantastic place to work for everyone:
Fully hybrid – we have offices across Europe, and our teams can use this space or work remotely
Flexi working – we believe in being flexible so that your work fits around your lifestyle, rather than the other way around
Training – dedicated training time in your diary to ensure you’re continually learning and developing in the areas interesting to you
Working Abroad – work from another country for a few weeks a year, all you need is an internet connection!
Socials – we have legendary Summer & Christmas parties as well as regular socials around each of our 3 offices organized by our wonderful Social Committee
Knowledge Shares – we arrange a weekly slot for the whole agency to come together and learn something new, from external speakers to sharing a new platform feature internally – these are a highlight
Wellness – we know how important mental health is, our Wellness Team do a fantastic job supporting the agency, raising awareness, and running initiatives to help look after our mental health
Benefits – enhanced pension contributions, private health care, gym membership discounts, family support policies