Malay Metadata Specialist (Movies & TV Shows) in Austin, TX
Austin, TX /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
Do you love movies and tv shows? Like to work with data? Are you up to date on the latest social media platforms? Then keep reading!
We are looking for someone to join our team that ensures our client’s products have the metadata quality and coverage needed to offer the best-in-class customer experience. You will work cooperatively with international teams to monitor, curate, and improve the quality of our products and partner data integrations.
- Verify content accuracy, ensuring it meets the provided standards
- Make possible edits, fixes or suggestions to the data content when needed
- Make decisions on content often with limited information on hand
- Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve database and product performance
- Test tools to provide feedback for improving efficiency and accuracy
- Work and communicate with cross-functional teams
Location: On-Site in Austin, TX - Northeast location
Project Duration: 12 months
Type of employment: W2 Contract, eligible for benefits based on hours worked
Pay Rate: $23 an hour
Working Hours/Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week) with 1 hour of unpaid lunch included
- Normal Hours (assigned by the client):
Sun-Thur: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues-Sat: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Please bear in mind that Welocalize does not offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Native-level proficiency in Malay
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks
- Highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with ability to learn from history and prevent errors from recurring
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity to make sound judgment calls
- A wide-ranging and up-to-date knowledge of the local movies, TV shows, music, literature, social media platforms, cultural sensitivities and nuances
- Experience with some or all of the following: Apple products and MS Office
- Degree not required but preferred in: Art, Design, Media, Production, Literature, Film, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet and XML a plus
- This position may require work outside of normal business hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Sign NDA
- Complete a Language Proficiency Test (approximately 15 min)
- Interview with Recruiter
- Movies and TV shows Metadata Test (2 hours)
- Interview with Vendor Project Managers