Senior Interpretation Project Manager
US West Coast /
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Interpretation Senior Project Manager (SPM) will help drive new business, as well as both manage projects directly assigned to them (project planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure using Welocalize standard processes and tools) and will help understand client requirements and help engage the global team in the fulfilment of these requirements, crafting client solutions based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation and Global Teamwork.
The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment. Experience in localization and in interpretation project management is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Interpretation SPM must effectively manage both talent and client relationships, proactively gather and refine measurable data, and coordinate global interpretation projects from beginning to end.
Major responsibilities will include support in the following areas:
· Evaluate buy rates and margin requirements to effectively price interpretation services
· Develop working knowledge of both our vendor management system and project management software
· Work with Enterprise and Regulated Services BUs to provide information for their clients and identify unique project specifications
· Communicate with clients to understand each project’s scope
· Liaise between client and talent to effectively communicate project goals, timelines, and expectations
· Manage live interpretation projects, which includes project creation, client quotes, talent scheduling, task management, client billing, and vendor payment
· Mentorship of junior PM team members (including direct and indirect reports)
· Preparation, analysis and implementation of project plans following the Welocalize standards for:
o Project Management, i.e. Project Start Standards, Workflow and Completion; updating project status, invoice approvals, updating client information, etc.
o Creation and Management of project schedules
o Evaluate buy rates and margin requirements to effectively price interpretation services
o Creating project estimates and proposals for customer approval
· Risk assessment and strategic planning of activities to minimize potential issues
· Management of QA projects, incl. resource management, defect management, reporting, etc.
· Operating with a medium level of support, incl. recognition and escalation in a timely manner of any issues beyond their control
· Working with the production team in the continuous improvement of project delivery and profitability
· Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, incl. colleagues in other departments, vendors, etc.
· Building and maintaining strong relationships with customer contacts at the project level, with measurable success in customer ratings
· Effective and timely communication with all stakeholders involved in the project(s), incl. clients, production business units, etc.
· Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up to date
· Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
Interpreter Talent Management
· Engage with key talent on a day-to-day basis, resolving any technical issues or project-related questions they may have
· Negotiate talent rates and terms of business when necessary
Service Line Planning
· Proactively enter new project and live opportunity data into our measurement tools to track month-to-month service line revenue and growth
· Work with the department senior management to refine the service offering, and develop new methods of reporting, project workflows, and enhanced interpreter scheduling
Measures of success
Delivery of services in line with core KPIs for project management, which include but are not limited to:
· on-time delivery (interpreter on-time attendance);
· Customer Feedback - internal and external
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) or higher, preferably with a focus on International Business Supply Chain Management, Linguistics, Interpreting, Project Management, or Event Planning. Relevant work experience in the industry in lieu of degree is acceptable.
· 5+ years of prior working history in Operations, Project Management, Scheduling, or other related role.
· 3+ years in Project Management within Interpreting industry
· Working knowledge of Onsite and Remote Interpreting sub-industries including RSI, OPI, and VRI.
Other relevant skills
· Highly motivated self-starter that gets excited about helping to build something new from the ground up
· Solutions-oriented: ability to get things done and solve problems independently rather than waiting for others to fix them
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret relevant data, technical procedures, and project specifications
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and team members
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to learn new tasks and ask questions as needed
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
Actively Drives their projects and teams and has a positive Impact
Shows good ability to Manage Resources and related Costs
Focuses on Building a credibility-based Relationship
Understands the importance of SMART objectives and is Results Orientated
Thinks Commercially and can interact with commercial people