Vietnamese Language Lead (US Based-freelance)
United States of America /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – Global Freelance Talent Community /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you love movies, streaming media, and US pop culture? Do you have experience in social media localization?
We are looking for a linguist to be a part of our Vietnamese language team for a long-term freelance English to Vietnamese translation/review project in the media sector.
The client is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media services.
This is a remote project, you can work from anywhere. But we do need you to be based in the US, as this role requires direct communication with our US-based client.
- Able to translate PR and marketing material, as well as synopses, character names, idioms etc.
- Familiar with US pop culture and the entertainment industry in Vietnam.
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing translation from English into Vietnamese.
- Native Vietnamese speaker from Vietnam
- Based in the USA
- Daily availability: 4-5 hours Monday-Friday (during 9 am - 6 pm Pacific Time)
- Comfortable with direct client communication
- Organized and can communicate in a timely manner
- Long term project
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply!