Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) Language Engineer
Yokohama, Japan /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for highly motivated Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) with QA Language Engineering skills to join our team. This position offers the opportunity to perform QA Engineering specific to translation and localisation of cloud-based user interfaces.
Job Title: Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) QA Language Engineer
Location: Yokohama, Japan (starting remotely but 100% onsite attendance once client requires onsite presence, OK to start from Taiwan remotely and relocate to Japan in later 2021, providing relocation and visa sponsorship)
Workweek: Monday-Friday (40 hours/week)
The ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
• Developing natural language processing code specific to your language
• Provide input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market
• Coming up with clever solutions to complex issues
• Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems.
• Daily interaction with other teams working towards the same goal.
• Strong preference for some focus or experience in natural language processing, machine learning or related sub-fields
• Native speaker fluency and ability to work in an English speaking environment
• Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated for timely delivery of quality code.
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
• 1+ year of engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
• Clear and compelling communication skills.
• User driven focus.
• Experience with one or more version control systems with a preference for Git
• Bachelor or Master 's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
• Proven track record in delivering product-quality code.
• Familiar with Java, python and shell scripting
• OS or Mac OS X development skills.
- Excellent Knowledge of structural aspects of language, in particular phonology and phonetic transcriptions
- Solid understanding of conventional phonetic notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU
- Native-level fluency in Traditional Chinese (Taiwan).
- Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated for timely delivery of quality code.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
- User-driven focus.
- Interest in embedded applications.