Danish into English Legal Linguists and Patent Translators
United States of America /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – Global Freelance Talent Community /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welocalize is currently expanding its pool of Danish into English Legal Linguists and Patent Translators. They will be part of an existing team and will actively contribute to the success of the program.
- Translate legal content from Danish into English (US) or patent-related content from Danish into English (US), with original meaning conveyed in a manner that is readable and understandable to target audience. The Style adequacy is a key aspect for our client;
- Minimum three years' experience translating and reviewing content in the legal and patent (especially chemical and mechanical) fields;
- Effective, proficient communicator in Danish;
- Native fluency in target language;
- Degree in linguistics, translation or equivalent experience;
Additional Job Description
- CAT Tool: experience with XTM (Repository for style guides/glossaries, project instructions).
- Estimated work volume: steady daily workload (24h TAT) and an estimated weekly volume of up to 1k words
- Other requirements: availability on national holidays that are not also US holidays, to be able to take and accept "after hours" calls or show some flexibility to accommodate the PST schedule.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to be considered for, please send us your application.