Malay Language Lead
Dublin, Ireland /
Quality – Language Quality /
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Malay Language Lead owns the language quality and is responsible for setting clear quality expectations with the Language Specialists team. As a gatekeeper of quality, the LL continuously trains and aligns the team, circulates updates, updates reference material and performs quality control tasks, on-demand translations and quality checks on content translated and reviewed by LSs. The Language Lead continuously ensures that other members of the team are fully trained on terminology, style and best practices and that the work is performed at a satisfactorily high standard within the specified deadlines and quality level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for the role:
· Performing on-demand translation tasks for various content types and in accordance to the guidelines and deadlines provided by the Localization team
· Performing regular linguistic review and audit of their own work as well as of the work performed by other team members of the Translation team
· Ensuring that new members of the Translation team are fully trained on terminology, style and best practices
· Training and aligning the teams regularly by sharing feedback and educational comments via language workplace groups, emails, feedback forms and regular quality calls
· Performing regular terminology work including updating glossary terms, carrying outin-depth terminology research and comparative analysis of style, language and terminology used by competitors and successful products in the target market
· Performing live LQA or a review of screenshots from apps before a release, to ensure translation quality of different screen sizes and flagging any issues encountered during the LQA
· Ensuring good interaction with other team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters as well as fostering team spirit and building a good rapport with LSs
· Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
· Participating in data collection, analysis of best practices, client feedback tracking, KPI tracking & monitoring team arbitrations
· Flagging any quality concern at a team or individual level to the quality team and/or the people manager
Qualifications and Skills
1. Experience and Education Level
· BA/BS or equivalent 4 year’s university degree. Translation/ Linguistics or Computer science/ Software engineering or similar fields of study strongly desired
· M.A. in Translation, Linguistics, or similar field of study
· 5+ years of relevant experience in software localization, QA testing, Linguistic QA
· 2+ years of experience with different CAT tools
· Proven record of high-quality translation in the target language, preferably for software applications and ability to translate simple UI strings, as well as marketing copy.
2. Specific Localization skills
· Thorough understanding of the localization process
· Knowledge of main CAT tools, specifically Memsource
· Native fluency and formal education in the language of expertise (writing, reading, speaking)
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
· Experience in writing, copywriting or editing in the language of expertise (especially for marketing material)
3. Technical skills
· Good user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications
· Ability to follow complex instructions, to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly.
4. Other skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work with tight deadlines.
· Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback.
· Ability to train other people.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Fast learner, motivated, versatile
· Ability to work with a remote team