Danish Multimedia Content Editor/ Cultural Ambassador
United States /
Translation, Localization, Interpretation, QA Testing – On-Site/Project-Based /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this exciting position, the Multimedia Content Editor will be writing and reviewing linguistic content in a language in which they have a native level of proficiency to ensure the highest quality of accuracy for customers using the world's foremost multimedia platforms.
With time the Multimedia Content Editor will become the cultural ambassador for their language market and will be expected to produce fully localized content and flag potential cultural issues with content types, wording, and articulate suggestions to make all content appropriate and relevant for the target markets.
The ideal candidate possesses a background in journalism or similar, has proven creative writing skills, and keen attention to detail. In addition to that, we’re seeking candidates that are passionate about music, film, and tech and have a knack for iOS and Mac OS devices.
Job Title: Multimedia Content Editor
Pay Rate: $28+ per hour
Schedule: 5-8 hours per week - Pacific Time
Duration: Ongoing, no end date
Employment Type: Freelance
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Multimedia Content Editor:
- Localize, translate and adapt the content of various categories (i.e. multimedia, legal, technical, marketing, etc.) while adhering to writing style guide and guidelines;
- Write new copy for a range of multimedia products such as music, TV, and app store apps, video-on-demand, and game subscriptions services;
- Perform regular linguistic review of their own work as well as the work performed by other members of the localization team for all content types;
- Copy-edit and fact check the content to ensure accuracy of the content;
- Perform LQA (Localization QA) testing of any content published on live platforms (music and app descriptions, marketing material, and marketing campaigns);
- Conducts market-specific research on local content treatment, content, product and terminology trends, and best localization practices for the target audience in their market;
- Transcribe spoken content such as lyrics;
- Report on data and/or assets across a broad scope of media and content types;
- Review linguistic assessments, create training material and documents for new projects and ensure that other counterparts of the localization team are fully trained on terminology, style, and best practices;
- Collaborate with global language team via virtual meetings, emails on content review tasks to ensure calibrating terminology and style, understanding trends and market-specific insights, translations based on the market team's needs.
- BS/BA and 2+ years of work experience in the field of linguistic, journalism, copy-writing, or copy-editing media content such as music, TV and applications with proof of writing samples;
- Experience in translation and localization of multimedia content;
- Native-level fluency in Danish;
- Excellent grammar and writing skills in Danish;
- Fluency in written and verbal English;
- Strong creative writing, proofreading, and editing skills in Danish;
- Valid authorization to work in the US without the need for sponsorship;
- Ability to quickly detect issues and inconsistencies from a massive sea of content and make sound judgment calls based on information at hand;
- Is in tune and has a wide range of knowledge music artists, TV and cinema, gaming and pop culture;
- Has ability to own language market and make confident linguistic decisions;
- Must be highly detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Technology Savvy: Strong practical knowledge of computers and mobile devices, Word processors, Spreadsheets, touch-typing expertise, Digital presentations, Search engine knowledge, Keyboard shortcuts, Virtual conferences, and Social media;
- Knowledge of iOS/ MacOS systems is a must;
- Well capable of typing in their native level language using a local keyboard;
- Ability to work independently and remotely;
- Collaborative; enjoys teamwork in a multicultural environment.