Jinan, China /
Corporate – Technology /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role:
· Understand project requirements and software specifications, QA various products in by accurately following testing instructions and test cases.
· Prepare in accordance with project plans and needs, design test environments, develop test cases (KIT) and review to ensure feasibility.
· Perform localization and internationalization testing procedures and processes on required platforms.
· Write and report relevant bugs and errors using best practices through internal database system, or client specific bug tracking tools
· Find and troubleshoot basic problems, be able to communicate effectively and escalate testing issues.
· Deliver test reports, complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner.
· Summarize the client issues and make the knowledge base for the whole project life cycle.
· Work closely with Dev, Engineering and PM etc functions to ensure improvement.
· Ability to under and prioritize task and issues quickly and efficiently, highly organized with attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
· Adhere to project-specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides and client-preferred checklists and glossaries
· Provide feedback to optimize testing plan and test cases, and enhance the automation to reduce the cost of re-running the whole set of scenarios.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, majored in Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or other related, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Passing CET-4 is preferred.
· Proficiency in Windows, Mac, Linux etc operating systems, experience in network, IIS etc configuration.
· Proficiency in localization, Internationalization and function testing tools etc.
· Expertise on testing workflow, testing theory and technology. Test case design experience is preferred.
· Experience or proficiency in testing tools/systems:SQL Server, Oracle, Test Link, JIRA, Confluence, VPN, BOX, BeyondCompare, InCtrl, Winscp, LDAP server, VMware etc.
· Experience with MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
· Basic knowledge of PC-hardware (desktop and laptop).
· Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android).
· Ability to navigate networks and websites with different browsers.
· Good written and reading English ability.
· Good oral English ability, able to speak with foreign clients smoothly.
· Be proactive, creative and flexible in developing solutions for clients’ or internal teams’ needs.
· Ability to deliver planned tasks on time, communicating upfront about any deviation to stakeholders.
· Ability to adapt the pressure and challenges.
· Good self-learning ability.
· Good trouble shooting ability on software or network problems.
· Good team working, good communication ability.
· Specific for Automation Testing:
· Proficient in SilkTest, able to build automation testing framework based on SilkTest (for Automation).
· Experience in QTP, LoadRunner, Selenium and similar tool or framework.
· Automation testing or software development experience, expertise on testing knowledge.
· Good programming ability, able to master one or more program languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, etc.)