Senior Project Manager
Corporate – Production /
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is a one year, fix term contract. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will both manage accounts directly assigned to them (project planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure using Welocalize standard processes and tools) and will support an Enterprise Program Manager (EPM) in large enterprise accounts.
A SPM will own relationships with the customer at the project level and work closely with Welocalize account directors and production teams to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Senior Project Manager:
- Supervision and leadership of global teams (including internal and external, direct and indirect reports)
- Preparation, analysis and implementation of project plans following the Welocalize standards for:
- Project Management, i.e. Project Start Standards, Workflow and Completion; updating project status, invoice approvals, updating client information, etc.
- Creation and Management of project schedules
- Creating project estimates and proposals for customer approval
- Risk assessment and strategic planning of activities to minimize potential issues
- Management of QA projects, incl. resource management, defect management, reporting, etc.
- Working collaboratively on project and client objectives with other involved stakeholders.
- Development and preparation of process documents where required
- Operating with a medium level of support, incl. recognition and escalation in a timely manner of any issues beyond their control
- Working with the production team in the continuous improvement of project delivery and profitability
- Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, incl. colleagues in other departments, vendors, etc.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customer contacts at the project level, with measurable success in customer ratings
- Effective and timely communication with all stakeholders involved in the project(s), incl. clients, production business units, etc.
- Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up to date
- Reporting, incl. Weekly Project Status reports, Budget to Actual, Time Management, and Client/Vendor related issues to other involved stakeholders.
- Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
- Planning, preparing & running quarterly business reviews with clients face-to-face.
- Education Level
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the industry in lieu of Master’s Degree acceptable
- Proven track record of Project Management
- Experience working internationally or directly with international product development
- Experience in technology related company
- Proven Experience dealing with large clients.
- Proven track record of success at managing large accounts/projects
- Experience in authoring client documents such as SOW’s, proposals, processes and ‘post mortems’
- Proven track record of active participation in development of processes and ideas
- Proven track record of active participation in new client sales cycles, incl. presentations, analysis, recommendations and relationship development
- Experience in managing financial budgets, budget reconciliation and budget reporting
- Experience with Translation Management Systems, i.e. GlobalSight, Idiom World Server, SDL TMS, etc.
- Other relevant skills
- Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment
- Must be available to travel for work related commitments.